Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ZuCar - opinions

• 25-08-2021 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi all,

been looking around for a Fiesta/Focus for a few months and have found a 2012 Focus with ZuCar that kinda fits the bill. I've looked at previous threads where they are mentioned and the feedback seems OK but has anyone bought from them recently?

They only give 30 days warranty I think but you can extend warranty for 1 year for 300 euro which isn't too bad I guess. Anyone had to avail of the warranty?

Also, I have 2007 Fiesta to trade in (i.e. get rid of)...what are they like for trade in values? It's worth feck all (needs timing belt and alternator belt and other stuff) but still drives fine. Would I be better off paying cash for the Focus and trying to sell the Fiesta private?

Thanks for any advice...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

30 day warranty is below normal what is offered from used car dealers, usually it's 3 months engine and gearbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I sold a car to them about a year ago. Would recommend them for a hassle free sale. They are a no-frills supermarket type of setup but are backed by Joe Duffy group I believe.

Yeah you should try to offload the Fiesta privately. Its worth nothing to a dealer. Get a few hundred for it privately and you're in a stronger position to buy with no trade in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You have to remember that your looking at a 9 year old car being sold by a car supermarket. If they are only going to stand over it for 30 days then it needs to be priced close to what you would pay for one being sold by a private seller to take that chance imo. Even the one year warranty from a car supermarket will most likely be a 3rd party warranty rather than a proper dealer warranty so it's more like an insurance policy than a dealer warranty.

As for trying to trade in a 14 year old Fiesta to a dealer, I'd forget about that, it's worth nothing to them so best sell privately to avail of a better discount off the newer car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

We purchased a 2018 car from them in Cork during lockdown. We paid the $$$ and they delivered the car to our home. We hadn't test driven it at this stage but had done some research and were happy this was the right car for us. If we weren't happy, we had 5 days to return it for a full refund but we kept it.

One of the boot struts failed after 2/3 months (cue some bumps on the head) and was promptly replaced by them so our experience has been positive with them.

Advertisement