Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aylesbury, Tallaght

Options
  • 24-08-2021 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I hope that this is the right place to place such a question. If it isn't, please move it!

I have some interest in a property in Aylesbury in Tallagh. The house needs a bit of work, but it's nothing that I cannot do myself, but I'm not overly familiar with the area. I had a drive around after the viewing, and it seemed okay to me, but I thought to ask before I make any offers. Does anyone know whether its an area prone to crime or other problems?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I used to date someone living there.

Its not a bad place, but walking out either end of it at night can be a bit daunting.

Personally I would not like my kids to be brought up in the place. Thats my measure of if I would live in an area.

Go there Friday or Saturday night as its getting dark and have a good walk around the area and see how safe you feel. Maybe its changed since I did it.

Walk a bit further than the edges of Aylesbury to get a feel for the surroundings.

Another thing to do is park your car there and get the bus into the city center and get the last bus home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭passatman86

Its grand. What part you looking at.

Its much like anywhere really. There has been car crime, house burglaries. Teenagers hanging around the roads.

Has local buses, shops, dentist, doctors. Close to the square, luas, sports clubs.

Its no better or worse than the areas around it. Similar to kiltipper, old bawn,

Nothing stands out as a red flag or for the area to be avoided

Just curious what part of the walk your on about - any road or landmark you could highlight

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

By and large it's a decent place to live in. Some anti-social trouble from teenagers around the shops at night. Same for the community centre around the corner. Has a good neighbourhood facebook group and lots of active residents looking to improve the area. Curiously, the house prices never increase the same way they do in other nicer parts of Tallaght, like Old Bawn, just across the road. Even in the Celtic tiger years the prices underperformed the other estates around did better. The half of the estate closer to the Old Bawn road seems more settled, in my experience, and the roads near the shopping centre are a little more lively.

Walking in from the bus stop.

Walking down to the pub.

They shops.

I would test it out if i were the op, just to get a feel for it.

Its grand during the day. Evening time was when it could get a bit hairy.

• Advertisement

The kilinardin pub or ahernes pub old bawn Road

The one we used to go to was Ahernes. Dont know the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Just notice this thread and wondering if you ended up buying there OP?

Have interest in a property here myself now and have heard the area is very much improved in the last few years with minimal if any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Area is grand. I'm here about 10 years, going to Ahernes the whole time and never had any issues. I'm from Tallaght so I don't know if that will effect your perception.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

You being from the area wouldn't effect my perception at all.

Spoke to the potential neighbour at a viewing and he said the same about the area - used to be odd bits of trouble but none in a long time and generally the ones who cause trouble stick to their own areas.

Good to hear but will take a drive up there tonight and tomorrow just to be sure.

• Advertisement

If you see me staggering up the road back from the pub don't be put off! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dag12

Is Aylesbury comparable to Kingswood/Belgard heights?

Advertisement