Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Home Bench - Maximum lifting load

• 23-08-2021 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi Guys,

I finally got around to getting a home adjustable bench. I chose this particular model as it was advertised on the site as

having a maximum load of 300 kg (660 lbs). The manual that came with the bench warns

1. not to exceed the max user weight of 300lbs and also
    2. not to exceed the max allowed lifting load of 300lbs.

As I weigh about 200lbs, does this mean that the maximum weight I can use is only 100lbs?

Regards

Lassard

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I would disregard that and just work away, to be honest.

Could you share a link to the product?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Lassard

I'm not allowed to post links, but I can tell you that it's advertised as:

Adjustable Weight Bench P2800.

Regards

Lassard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I look at the specs on one page and the max user weight is listed as 300kg. I would take that to mean you are good to work away up to that total weight anyway, and I am guessing but I presume that's OK for your numbers. If you weighed 100kg you could still bench 150kg sets on it - for the sake of argument! - and be OK.

The specs and max load ratings offered on imported Chinese equipment is always a bit questionable. They might have tested a prototype, but maybe they didn't. Also it really depends on what the Q.C is like after that. I would take the specs with a pinch of salt, they are either ambitious (POS racks claiming huge max load ratings) or else very conservative.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Lassard

Yes Deano7788, that's the one.

Thanks for the input Black Sheep. The bench seems sturdy enough if a bit "rattley" in places. I just wanted another opinion before I started training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Baralis1

I bought a squat rack during lockdown that was advertised as capable of holding a barbell weight of up to 300kg. There’s no way I’d load 300kg on it though, it’s too flimsy and only weighs about 10 kg itself. I wonder what testing they do to come up with these numbers.

With regards benches, to be honest I wouldn’t be loading much more than 150kg on a standard commercial gym bench. You’d need a competition standard bench for heavy weights up to 300kg and also spotters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Dunno. Tank Murakami disrespects 300kg with his own flimsy looking squat stands

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6nVtoJAnTt/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 obogsic

Hi Lassard,

I'm looking fon a becnh to use in my home gym and i saw this model.

Have you used with heavy weights?

Looking ah the design it seems to be sturdy enough, and the 28kg weight make me think of a thick steel.

Can you give me your advise?

Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,614 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

28kg is pretty light. If it was thick gauge steel it would be much heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 obogsic

Surely it's light if you compare it to a professional bench.

If you think that a lot of "home bench" are 15/20kg heavy this bench with it 28kg ranks above a lot of low budget benches.

• Advertisement
Advertisement