Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Healers

Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ 2 fast

Hello.

I went to an energy healer and since I've been in such a downer. They basically told me how much of a bad person I was and that I need to fix myself to show who I really am.

I tried to stand up for myself I was shot down and shouted at. I found the while thing quite upsetting.

I'm no worse than anyone and have some issues to work through but nothing dramatic.

Has anyone experienced this before and how do I build myself back up again?

Comments

• What is an "energy healer"?

• They're suppose to relieve blockages working with you usually through reiki, shamanic or Angel healing etc

• Advertisement

• Thank you I think I needed to hear opinions.

I am going to counselling, I just said I'd try this to see what it's like!

Logically I know it's a good way to drum up further business by highlighting insecurities.

I just have to not leave it drag me down.

• Absolutely, do not let it drag you down. What a horrible thing for someone to do, under the guise of 'healing'.

Try to think, 'how much does that person's opinion matter to me?' And I bet it doesn't matter at all.

Talk it out with your counsellor, chalk it down as a bad experience, and put it behind you. All the best.

• I'm sorry you experienced that Op. Healer or not, no genuine person would treat someone like that.

Go to a professional, your gp for starters.

Don't waste your money on these 'healers'. They could end up doing more harm than good.

Take care

• Advertisement

• Dont mind dem gowls lad, they are gowls.

• This is typically bullying, manipulative and gas lighting behaviour. They convince you that you are a bad person that that they are the only ones that can help you. They don't seek to heal, they seek to control.

• Do keep in mind that these sort of healers are self titled and don't have to pass any recognised exam or training process.Sounds like the healer has their own issues and shouldn't be let near anyone who's vulnerable and needing help.

Don't take it personally,move on and find someone better quallified to listen.Must have been a horrible experience.

• Just to add, this thread got me thinking about a few people from my town/circle of acquaintances who have moved into this line of work. To a man/woman, they're the sort of people who've never held down a steady job in their lives and couldn't lie straight in bed if they tried. One of these so-called healers only seemed to find these powers when his latest business went under. Another one went to school with me until she dropped out when she was 16. I only remember her as a troublemaker disinterested in sitting in class. Sorry for banging on about this but I thought it'd be helpful for you to know about the sort of person you met. Perhaps there are genuine people in this field (I remain sceptical) but it also attracts a lot of charlatans out for a quick buck.

• You tried something that you thought might be an addition to what you’re doing already (counselling). So don’t bring yourself down about trying it out.

As you’ve found out though, there are some people out there who prey on those seeking help. It’s awful that you were made to feel bad about yourself. I don’t believe there’s any regulations governing people who claim to ‘heal’ people, ie any eejit or money grabber can claim to be a ‘healer’. I do think that counselling is better regulated, but I still think it’s better to check out their accreditation first.

I hope you’re feeling ok after your bad experience. That sounds really horrible - almost like they were running you down to make you feel like you needed them and their (paid) ‘healing’.

PS: I know this isn’t very grown up, but I’d be tempted to tell them to shove their ‘angel’ up their behind if they have your number and contact you again about how you “need” sessions with them.

Advertisement