Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Getting a bike fitted professionally

• 22-08-2021 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭ Clear Air Turbulence

Sorry I may have asked this before but can't find the thread.

Unfortunately we are coming to the end of summer so I decided to treat myself to a new smart bike trainer and make an effort to get back into cycling as much as I used to.  

Today I had to abandon one of my workouts due to how uncomfortable I was on the bike, could anyone recommend a professional bike fitter unfortunately I don't currently drive so somewhere within easy reach cycling distance of a train station.  

I live in Mayo so ideally I'd prefer to go to someone local.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭ thekooman

I'm Mayo based but honestly, its well worth the travel to get fitted by Aidan Hammond in Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ wijam

I'd second Aidan, got a bike fit from hit at the end of July and it's made a big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭ Clear Air Turbulence

Thanks I was thinking of going to see him, unfortunately he's booked out until October.

In the meantime time if anyone else is interested I found an interesting app although unfortunately it's only available on iOS devices and you will need a tripod.

The app is called Bike Fit Elite it costs €10 it's basically a video analysis tool that captures a video of you on the bike and allows you to select the different points needed for a bike fit.

I probably did a bad job of describing it so here is their website.

http://bikefastfit.com/

Advertisement