Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric log splitter versus a tractor driven one

• 21-08-2021 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm in the market for a log splitter, and I'm leaning towards a new 8 tonne electric one like in the link below.

8 Ton Vertical Electric Log Splitter & FREE Wedge for sale in Cork for €569 on DoneDeal

We've a couple of tractors at home so I've the option of going for a tractor powered hydraulic one too.

The electric motor powered log splitters seem to be fairly robust, well designed and safe to operate. I also like that the splitting table can be lowered to near ground level so that heavy rounds of timber can be rolled up onto the table rather than lifting them. I see some splitters are rated for 12 tonne and higher, but I think an 8 tonne splitter will be good enough for 99% of the rounds I'll need to split.

Just from looking at a few youtube videos of cheap electric log splitters working it is surprising the lumps of knotty logs that they are able to split.

Just wondering if anyone had any experience of an electric log splitter and tractor driven one and what their preference would be.

Cheers

Comments

Advertisement