Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New type of Scam phone call - Landline

Options
  • 19-08-2021 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭

I received a call, on landline, from an 025 ..... number . i did not answer as I felt it was a scam.

However after about 30 seconds the phone went from a ringing tone to a voice. Same as if i had answered the phone. The voice then ended after about 20 seconds.

I have no mail voice message on my landline . The handset has voice recorder capability but is alays switched off.

This call repeated again the next day. In all I might have received this call three times

So, is the scam caller some how able to answer my phone and switch to some sort of voice mail recorder? How is this done? And could they take control of my phone in other ways.

I have reported to the service provider, who have not come across this before, but they seem of little help. My concern is that Comreg suggest never answering such calls but this call seems to answer itself.

I have videoed the call using my mobile and the message just suggest that a debit will be made to my bank account. I have ignored the message

Any suggestions as to how to manage this type of call from someone more tech savvy than me would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement