Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Z Fold 3 Pre-Order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Did you pout Exertis or Samsung Mobileshop down as the place of purchase for the claim? I'm thinking it should be Exertis, but the invoice has no mention of Exertis except from the email address

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

Fold arrived today and I'm delighted with it. It's exactly what I thought it would be and exactly what I needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

Just been using it more this evening.

I can't get over how nice the screen is. The fact that they will only make these folding screens better means no doubt this is the future imo. I thought my fussiness for a perfect screen might be tested with the crease. But even flat on table to my right I don't notice. Maybe will vary in different lighting scenarios.

I use Chrome and browsing in it is so nice. And I've actually just been using twitter there rather than the app,much nicer experience, and I created a chrome app of it and it's much better layout than the app.

Really enjoying the split Samsung keyboard for typing.

Still have the pen to look forward to, submitted my claim but still not processed. Maybe I messed it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,688 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Exertis should be put as the retailer if purchased direct from Samsung.

Invoice only has a reference to Exertis via an email listing IIRC, but as long as the IMEI1, a photo of such and the invoice is uploaded, it should be good.

Claim was processed in under a day this time around, probably due to them shipping out the phones early ahead of a backlog unlike other times. 2 working days for shipment apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

Agreed, I put Exertis and the claim was approved almost immediately so hoping. Should have the case before I switchover to it as my daily driver but already finding it great. I'm sure I'll have buyers remorse when I see whatever Google and Xiaomi release later in the year, but glad I pushed the button for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Phone arrived safe today, but was shocked by the basic added envelope packaging they used, don't think i've seen too many phones delivered like that.

Either way the phone is up and running.

Few things worth nothing straight off the bat coming from a Fold2

• Hinge feels stronger, but might just be my mind playing tricks. Same with build, definitely feel somewhat different and just sturdier, but really hard to pin to why. I think its just a combination of the two and Samsung getting better at the whole process.
    • Crease is definitely improved. Seen it mentioned before by reviewers that it was mostly the same, but looks a bit better and feels way better.
    • The 120hz outer display definitely adds to the snappiness. The 60hz on the fold2 outer display was never an issue, but it does feel much nicer.
    • The UDC camera is nice in Zoom cases, but its still very visible in any real light. I'm glad there is still a selfie camera and it's a great alternative to a cut out. Like the crease over time, it just fades away and you don't pay much attention to it.

Regarding claim for note kit. I put in the usual details. IMEI, invoice, and picked Exertis. Mine required more information within a few minutes, but just updated the actual receipt that came with the phone, as it also had the IMEI. They were asking for screenshot of the IMEI, and I hadn't set the phone up yet. Stupid, since they even suggest using the IMEI from the box as well and set an entire phone of the box. Should get processed by tomorrow and hopefully get the kit soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Shipping notification for the watch this morning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I got mine yesterday, have to say that I'm loving it so far, the front screen is a very strange ratio but the inner screen is a thing of beauty.

• Advertisement

You would forget about the crease and under display lense after 10 minutes of usage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I didn't spot the camera at all and I actually like the crease, makes it seem like a book

The more I use the phone the more I like it, front screen is usable for the most part then open it up for everything else. Looking forward to see where the technology can go in the next few years

Seeing that some preorders in Germany and other markets are being delayed due to demand. I feel a bit bad ordering on Sunday and having it on Tuesday now!

Has anyone had shipping notification for the free case and pen?

PS keep finding new things to love. Never had a Samsung phone with Dex before and always assumed it was bit of a gimmick, especially after bad experience with Sentio Superbook. But tried it yesterday and it's a gamechanger, I could actually spend a day or two working from my phone and not miss my work laptop for most things. 1440p just worked with a standard USB-C to DisplayPort adapter and the expanded Fold makes a lovely touchpad.

Had a notification earlier this morning about the starter kit. Probably coming from the UK though judging by the courier used, so it'll be next week I'd say before it shows up.

Won't say no to it, but not the best freebie Samsung have ever done IMO

• Advertisement

Would hope there's no duty etc if it comes from the UK

I got 3 notifications via text. Here's hoping for 3 freebies.......😂

Got 2 messages for freebie let myself. Likely be next week.

Definitely one of the worst freebies with a new Samsung phone.

Evening the Galaxy Watch 4 classic I got comes with 85 euro play store credit

How did you redeem the credit?

I bought the standard Galaxy Watch 4 that comes with €60 but no sign of it in my store balance.

Put in your details here, i got a dpd notification earlier so hopefully I'll get the freebie later today, feel weird not having a case on a phone but the preorder deal of a cheap repair makes me feel a lot better

• Advertisement

I agree, shocking freebies, even the play credit would be better, I liked their cash back in the past, I wasn't going to bother with a preorder this time but the cheap repair swung it for me, hopefully I won't need it

Haven't gotten it yet

Waiting for claim system to work.

https://2021.samsungpromotions.claims/galaxy-watch-launch-offer/en-IE/claim/get-started

Works same as starter kit.

However there is an error about date of order but it's within the period. Likely a bug. I ordered the 13th. So should be fine but doesn't matter what date you select, throws the same error.

That or it think we missed the claim period.

Cheers for that, haven't gotten any notification from DPD yet, but tracking is now showing up for me in their Parcel Wizard app. Looks like I'll get the freebies on Monday.

Thanks for that. No date error for me. They may have sorted that but like the phone claim it didn't recognise the serial number. I had to upload a photo of the settings screen with serial number.

Get Started - Samsung Wearables (samsungpromotions.claims)

Wont let me claim as above, tells me the order date I entered isn't part of the claim period. Emailed them and they said they're working on the issue and to try again tomorrow

I put a claim through fine there, just needed up upload a picture, no great hassle.

For the phone claim I found it only recognised the second IMEI.

Anyone tried the dual SIM yet, I assume it can't do simultaneous dual 5G?

Doubtful. Like the Note 20 and previous you have to designate which SIM is default for data/calls etc

Accepted my claim there - may have been because I tried before 9am as someone else suggested

Got the same reply but justntried again and it worked fine. ..looks like this claim won't be done as fast, but hopefully soon

• Advertisement

Yeah, I don't think dual sim can do dual data just yet, being able to bridge wifi and data is a newish enough facility (Android 8 I think, could be wrong)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

The reward for the watch isn't play store credit. Its' a straight up virtual visa Mastercard, so spend on it what you like, not just play the store

UK purchases get play store credit, but Ireland gets a virtual mastercard so we are coming out a bit better on the promo for once

Starter Kit dropped in the door earlier.

Didn't put it on, but the case looks pretty awful TBH

Got mine earlier too but haven't opened it yet

The case looks terrible alright. I hate folio cases anyway. I'm only interested in the s-pen and charger...both of which should have came with the phone in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pippo109

Hey Folks!

I hope this is the correct thread for my question. Planning to buy to Z Fold 3, but after speaking with Samsung via chat, I discovered that care+ is not available in Ireland (it is available and added for free in the Z Fold 3 offer in other EU countries and UK, but not Ireland).

EDIT------

Keep googling I found a forum post on the samsung website (I'm too new to be able to post the link):

that states:

What is offered in Ireland instead of Samsung Care+?

As Samsung Care+ is not offered in Ireland yet, we have created a special offer for customers who pre-order the Galaxy Z Fold 3.

While the Gorilla Glass Victus will protect you from the day-to-day, this cover offered by us will mean that in the event of an accident, a screen repair will be €130 only.

Adding this here, hoping it can help someone looking for this too.

end of EDIT-----

Are you getting some third party insurance? Are they worth it? It will be my first foldable and I'm a bit worried about the internal screen... What do you recommend?

Also are you buying from the Samsung site? I checked Three and Virgin, but unless you want some plan/monthly fees, they are more expensive.

Thx!

p.

Post edited by pippo109 on

Popped the starter kit case on to have a look.......

Boy, is it nasty ! Not sure what they were thinking with that.

Best bet is to just slide off the pen holder, and think of it like a pen you carry about. How serious a disadvantage against the Note remains to be seen I suppose. Not sure there's any way to have a proper intuitive storage position on the Fold. Certainly not without having significant bulk.

Got this case from Samsung very little bulk and provides some protection. No flap wrapping the folded front screen 🙂

• Advertisement

TBH I always go back to the official leather efforts from Samsung, in fact, I only removed the adhesive strip today from the one I picked up with the phone after trying out the free case.

Can't see myself going with anything else. Nice and simple. The free case is a definite contender for slipping from the hand.

Anyone receive their trade in pack yet?

Haven't got mine yet, for watch or phone. May contact them on Monday

Finally an update pushed last night.....phone has been sitting on July's security patch and here we are a few days from October.

About 900MB

Yes received the update just there.

• Advertisement

Sent off my trade in mid September but still haven't received confirmation it's been accepted. Anyone else waiting on confirmation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭chrisire

Slightly concerning. Hearing reports from the UK of Samsung locking peoples phones because they haven't received trade ins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭chrisire

I'd say if there was a problem we would have heard by now,Just checked and I actually sent mine off on the 23rd of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

I sent mine off ages ago and no confirmation. However I paid for tracked post so it was signed for so I have proof of delivery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement