Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Advice

Options
  • 18-08-2021 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there, I’m looking for some FE1 advice/reassurance. I plan on sitting 6 FE1s in October. I’ve been studying since the 01st of July and I have all of the notes written out for 5/6 topics. Notably: contract, company, property, EU and constitutional. I haven’t started rote learning anything off yet, but I’ve been going through exam papers to get a feel for how the questions are asked on each topic. I don’t come from a legal background (I studied Business in college, with my minor in Law). I am going away for a week in September. So I have approximately 5 weeks study left. Is that enough time to enable me to pass all 6 in October? I don’t work, so I am devoting myself 9-5 everyday to study. I would appreciate any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

Unfortunately only you know the answer to this. I passed 8 with one week and night before study so what your suggesting is certainly doable. I did 8 am - 6 pm study for that week plus the weekends and then 7 am to 1 pm on each exam day, sat the exams and studied again from 4 - 11 pm. Mainly did mnemonics of cases for likely topics that were predicted to come up. I was very ill at the end of the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FE1_Candidate

Hi there, thank you for the advice. Did you pass 8 with only one week study in total? And if you don’t mind me asking, did you come from a law background.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

Yes I did an LLB and an LLM. One weeks study plus the two weeks of the exams but it was a terrible decision, I'm just making the point that what you're suggesting is more than doable but again it's highly dependant on how you study etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FE1_Candidate

Would I be okay for 8 if I have covered 5 so far and I’m ready to start learning those off? The exams start on the 06th of October. So I have 50 days study, give or take

Advertisement