Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo Issue

Options
  • 16-08-2021 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

I use a GoMo sim in a router for wifi connection in house. Has always worked well. 3 days ago slowed down big time, last 2 days not working at all. Anyone else having issues?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Definitely have lost 4G+ and bounces down to even 3G.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm wondering if it's a bigger issue i've been having connectivity issues also over the last three days on my phone data, sites not loading fully or at all, am with eir who use same masts?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm in very rural Midlands, no issues to report, I don't use Gomo on WiFi router, that's 3 albeit I've just recieved unlock code and considering Gomo, going to trial later in the week. I'm on the €9.99 offer, wouldn't be a massive data user. Additional sim obviously more expensive but still cheaper than 3 which I'm out of contract with.

Traditionally Eir wouldn't be great in my area and whilst excellent Gomo speeds in the morning, see attached image for Gomo speed check, it tappers around 17 to 25 meg download, increasing back to around 30 meg in the late evening,

I assume conjestion a, possibility albeit 3 is used by most locally, with imagine now taking over gradually. 3 can reach up to 75 meg but like Gomo reduces throughout the day. All 4g incidentally.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

I've the same set up but haven't noticed any difference. Possibly a local cell site issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DeWanderer

I'd same issue. Phone indicated 4G+ on Sunday and Monday. However, when I opened Chrome, Firefox or Youtube, it wouldn't load pages and there was a caption on screen saying no internet connection. However, youtube music worked fine.

All back to normal since yesterday (Tuesday).

Gomo network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Came back for me on Tuesday. I wish GoMo would put something up on their website or social media to say when there is a problem so you at least you know that they know about it but as they are part of Eircom, the worst communication company in the world to actually communicate anything, then I guess that will never happen. I am very limited for choice where I am, if I had options I would never go near Eircom again.

Advertisement