Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would people do

Options
  • 15-08-2021 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

So I have a temporary job which may or may not be made permanent at the end and just Called for interview for a permanent role. I love my current job and am happy but obviously the new job has better security… what would most people do here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Liam32123

100% I would go for the interview. If it all works fine, I will change for the new position. Generally, we are always afraid to go out from our comfort zone, hence you have to be objective: permanent is what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Go for the interview

If your offered the job then talk to current employer explaining your really happy but only leaving because it’s not permanent. They will either say goodbye or they will step up, but either way you get a full time job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭dennyk

Sure, there's no harm in doing the interview. At worst, you'll get some practice in and get an idea of what your skills might be worth on the current market, which will help when negotiating a full-time role with your current employer eventually. In the best case, you might end up with a great job offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

go for the interview as that position should you get an offer can be used as leverage on your current position.

Advertisement