Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir’s extra 200K FTTH - When? Where?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Just checked mine and it has been removed too. NBI passes my gate, about 5 metres away from the house and covers our whole road, many of which can get between 70 and 100 meg also. I was looking forward to the upgrade through OpenEir but I'm sure it'll happen eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭EarWig

The map is great. I can see it half way down the Templeogue road already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭KildareP

They seem to have removed the upgrade program message across the board.

I've checked an Eircode in an estate in Templeogue that I know they're currently building FTTH out and it doesn't show the upgrade program message either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭clohamon

Eircom's Q2 results are out today and it seems to show that progress in the 200K (non-IFN and non 300K) area is slowing.

Comparing previous quarters' results

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

My house gets below the 30mb but I can't get on the NBP because Eir have this plan in place. But they are under no pressure to actually do it and could change their minds at any stage. Infuriating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gav_96

Is there any updated map on this? saw crews working round my area and its not NBI

Eircom have done 'some' building in the NBP Intervention Area. You could check their map at fibrerollout.ie

The Department update their map quarterly as they get new information on the actual state of NBP Exclusion Areas.

Starting in 2023, ComReg will be collecting premises performance data from providers under A.22 of the EECC.

Draft questionnaire here

https://www.comreg.ie/media/2022/05/GEO_FixedBroadband_NetworkOperator_draft.xlsx

• RecordID
    • Eircode
    • LatitudeX LongitudeY
    • Broadband 
    • ServiceStatus
    • LocalAccessTechnology
    • BestAvailableBroadbandProduct
    • MaxAchievableDownloadSpeed (Mbps)
    • Max Achievable Upload Speed (Mbps)  
    • Expected Peak Time Download Speed (Mbps)
    • Expected Peak Time Upload Speed (Mbps)
    • SoldBroadbandProductType
    • ActualDownloadSpeed (Mbps)
    • SoldSpeed (Mbps)
    • SoldVoiceProductType
    • SoldTVProductType
    • SoldToOperator
    • PlannedDate (DDMMYYYY)
    • ---------------------
    • VoiceSoldToOperator
    • ARDID
    • CabinetID
    • ExchangeNodeID
    • AggregationNodeExchangeID
    • HasOutgoingCallsThisQuarter?
    • TotalOutgoingCalls (minutes)
    • InterconnectionPointID

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

I got an answer back.

They have a list of houses. For the next 9 months.

And my house isn't one of them!

2026 at the latest.

Plus said 2Gb connection not 1Gb

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

I met an Open Eir engineer outside my house about 3 months back, he was signing off on the fibre install that was pulled into the ‘manhole’ there, as part of FTTH rollout.

I’ve been checking the map and ringing Eir, but so far no sign of service.

is there any other way I can track progress, or get an idea of when it might be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

That was completed in my estate in June of last year. Finally became available to place an order on Tuesday of this week. Not sure if a year is a common wait time, but that is what I had. SIRO are currently working in my area and going live soon, which might have pushed them to finally make it available.

• Advertisement

Q3 2022 financial results announced from Eircom. (Q1-2022 of the calendar)

While the IFN program has added 54K premises this quarter, the 200K (non-IFN) program has only put on an extra 2K premises or a total of 7k premises in the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm in the same position. eir have been busy in the last year or so installing fibre along the main arterial roads coming out of Bray, and recently were installing it in our estate, but I couldn't get any useful info out of the installers, they were just contractors from KN Circet.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭NBAiii

Openeir have published a map of their proposed FTTH upgrade programme. I haven't checked by Eircode but you can zoom in and click on the premises you are interested in. No dates given bar their aim to have it all finished by the end of 2026.

We cannot communicate timelines for individual eircodes or specific areas within an exchange area due to regulatory protocols. However in terms of notification, when an eircode goes live on the Fibre to the Home network all Service Providers using the open eir network are informed at the same time and the eircodes flow into their respective sales and marketing systems. 

These Service Providers then market FTTH broadband to premises that are live on the FTTH network and those premises can then place an order for FTTH with their preferred service provider.

To date we have enabled over 800K of our 1.9million homes and businesses, we plan to complete our roll out by the end of 2026

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is there a rollout list/timeline for towns/Cabinets being upgraded currently or anything?

The Upgrade checker map just states we hope to have it completed by end of 2026.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

as far as I know every customer who is on vdsl will eventually get upgraded to FTTH between now and end of 2026 which will probably stretch to 2028. OpenEir are working towards a copper switchoff. The Current urban IFN Network (OpenEir) will allow speeds up to 2Gbps currently and this may be extended to rural FTTH areas also at some stage over the next year or two. By 2026/2028 we may well be looking at all FTTH connections capable of speeds up to 10 Gbps.

The OpenEir maps are a bit vague and don't really give proper estimates as to when a customer get's FTTH other than it should be completed by end of 2026.

There is crews from Whiteknight doing work outside my house putting in ducting in the old eircom ducts.

I asked a different crew here at 9:30 at night how long does it usually take, he said "im almost done now, it will be ready next week" that doesn't seem right?

contacted eir few minutes ago, he put me in for a callback on the 13th of july and said it will be ready then. he said it was part of this rollout alright housing estate with 55 houses. hopefully no issues arise before then.

they called me back yesterday and booked me in for install on the 14th of july 😀

• Advertisement

Has there been any news on this recently or any rough timeframes?

not seen any news, isp's started ringing in courtown today. I got screwed, when I rang eir back today to see was all good for tomorrow. said no record of installation date but it was definately going live today and that I would recieve installation date tomorrow by text, booked the day off it and all ragin.

I wonder how they are even picking which towns to work on. Seems to be very little/no info at all on how this is progressing. Just a vague end date of 2026.

they don't seem to update the map fibre upgrade checker map either, I got another install date of 25th and when I check on map it says

Great news your premise is included in our Fibre to the Home upgrade programme. 

We cannot communicate timelines for individual eircodes or specific areas

So I wouldn't take the map very seriously, only reason I know is because I asked someone that was doing work outside my house.

from

to

delighted

● Intervention Area (AMBER)

it shows up on nbi as January 2025 - December 2026

on the eir fibre check thing it says Great news your premise is included in our Fibre to the Home upgrade programme. 

I wonder will Eir let them know it's been done. Somehow I doubt it.

Definitely wont. An estate near me (same town) was/is part of the NBI rollout. Their estate contacted Eir and randomly Eir decided they would roll out in their estate. That is nearly two years ago now and their estate is still listed on the NBI map as " Pending Survey 2025/26". A mate of mine has been on OpenEir FTTH for over a year 😀

• Advertisement

Latest Eircom results for Q4 2022 (financial) Q2 2022 (calendar)

The IFN urban program has put on 64k in the last 3 months but the 200K (non-IFN) rural program seems to have stalled - see table below.

Advertisement