Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identify this war movie

Options
  • 14-08-2021 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

ive an odd one, hopefully someone with better knowledge than I can help.

I watched a movie years and years ago that I’m trying to identify based on my poor memory. There’s also the distinct possibility I’m mixing multiple movies up. The most critical bit is around the court room decision rather than setting.

I’m remembering a retired US military male, in a fight outside a diner, at night and in the rain. He possibly turned up in a truck and/or there are other trucks around.

he ends up killing someone.

when it goes to court, quite soon after the opening(ish) scene, he is convicted of murder or similar due to his military training not allowing him the option of self defence.

the more I explain it the clearer it is, so hopefully someone can identify it!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

was nicholas cage in it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That sounds suspiciously like the opening scene of Con Air, where Nicholas Cages character fights some dudes outside a bar and kills them in self defence - as the inciting incident to get him on the titular plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Ah it was Con Air. not sure how I didn’t realise that. I had a mix of FMJ and Basic in my head. Not sure I can put myself through watching Nicholas Cage… no wonder I haven’t seen it in years.

Advertisement