Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other People’s Normal...

Options
  • 14-08-2021 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭

What’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen happen in somebody else’s house that they thought was normal? Could be from childhood or as an adult. Eg somebody using the bathroom in company without closing the door fully...

Post edited by YellowLead on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

Went to a friend from school's house as a kid and the dad had a framed poster of a Ferrari F40 over the fireplace in the front room and three big lazyboy type chairs instead of a suite of furniture. Just a weird change from basically every other front room I had seen in any parent's house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Bit of an odd question. Why would you think its weird if you also think its normal? Or do you mean they thought it was normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Their bathroom door was one of those sliding pocket doors.

It had quite a large gap around the sides so you could be sitting on the toilet and people could see and hear you doing your business. Oh and of course there was no lock on this door either.

Always made sure I didn't need to do a number 2 when calling round to that friend's house.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

A friend of my daughter, in their home they pour leftover soup down the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭YellowLead

That was a typo oops it was supposed to be they THEY thought was normal 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

That's actually not a bad idea. I'm never sure should it go in the bin or down the sink (usually clogs).

Bookshelf with encyclopedias in the bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

I was in a lads house a few times and there was this room at the bottom of the corridor that was always kept locked. This really awful stench used to come through the crack under the door and there was light visible at all hours like someone had left a screen on.

One night I noticed it was left unlocked so I slipped away from the group to investigate. I crept down the hall held my breath and slowly opened the door to reveal....

Some dickhead reposting ask reddit questions on AH

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Fritzbox

I'm sure you can freeze most soups and consume it for another day. No need to chuck it down the bog.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I had a friend and anytime i went to his house growing up, the family would store all soft drinks in one particular room in the house- a small utility room where the washer and dryer were. Back when cans of Coke and Pepsi etc came in 6, they used to just dump the cans in the corner of this room. Even in the middle of summer on very hot days, the cans would never be in the fridge, just out on the floor of this room.

I thought it was bizarre that they drank warm soft drinks and never thought to throw them in the fridge!

• Advertisement

I guess the lengths people go to to keep their children silent - handing them phones or other screens - food or other treats - anything just to keep them away from anything that is going on around them. It is so different to my "normal".

Too many houses I go to make real the joke I once heard "Parents - we spend two years teaching them to walk and talk - and then 20 more years trying to work out how to make them sit down and shut up".

Advertisement