Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircode Direction Issue re Farm/Dwelling House

Options
  • 12-08-2021 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

There are two entrances to farm and dwelling house from different roads i.e front and back. When giving the eircode out it always directs that person up the back lane to the farm and it is not the kindest of lanes on any vehicle. The preferred option is the front entrance. Any idea on how to change this, is there something you can do within google maps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,135 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I'd say your issue could be with Google maps. I think.

If you Google google maps change private road it should bring you to their help desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

This happened to me once in Cork, brought me on 2km of dirt farm roads to a house, and then I realised the house was just 100m from the main road I had passed on my way. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

We have the same problem except the back road doesn't even go to our house. Eircode won't change it as they said the eircode needs to stay on the building. We filled out the Google form to get it changed on their site and nothing happened. We have ended up just having to use our neighbours eircode whose house is opposite our entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 The world over

I will have a check for that, it certainly doesn't seem straight forward dealing with Google Map's Helpdesk. Thank you.

Advertisement