Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best tyres for VW Golf in Ireland? (225/45R17 91W). Mainly motorway use.

Options
  • 10-08-2021 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

I heard some well known Brand was offering a voucher of some sort ...

VOLKSWAGEN Model: GOLF Size: 225/45R17 91W

Any suggestions

Dont mind paying for quality

I used to buy Perelli but wonder are they better used in hotter countries ?

Post edited by biko on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Maybe look into the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 I have them on my skoda superb a few months and they are good took off pirelli and are doing better mpg and grip.

Review online say they will challenge Michelin for wear which I used to buy before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

Thanks 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

Nice one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

My Golf came with Bridgestone Turanza T001. Good grip in the wet, very predictable but only lasted 22,000km (non motorway). Current tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport 4 which were a bit more expensive at €130 per tyre as they're higher performance but actually lasting longer at 28,000km so better value for money. Decent mileage considering non motorway plus a fairly heavy foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

How do you find them for noise? They are meant to be be a pretty quiet tyre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I had the Turanzas and then the Efficient grip, the Good Years are noticeably quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭noelf

I also changed the front wheels from the Turanza T001to the Gooyears at 33000 kms. I now have 54000 km on the car and I think they will need to be changed before the winter season starts. The Turanza's on the back still look good ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

i have used Michelin cross climate plus before and had excellent lifespan

Advertisement