Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Best tyres for VW Golf in Ireland? (225/45R17 91W). Mainly motorway use.

• 10-08-2021 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭ worded

I heard some well known Brand was offering a voucher of some sort ...

VOLKSWAGEN Model: GOLF Size: 225/45R17 91W

Any suggestions

Dont mind paying for quality

I used to buy Perelli but wonder are they better used in hotter countries ?

Post edited by biko on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭ jhud

Maybe look into the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 I have them on my skoda superb a few months and they are good took off pirelli and are doing better mpg and grip.

Review online say they will challenge Michelin for wear which I used to buy before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭ worded

Thanks 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭ worded

Nice one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ DaveyDave

My Golf came with Bridgestone Turanza T001. Good grip in the wet, very predictable but only lasted 22,000km (non motorway). Current tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport 4 which were a bit more expensive at €130 per tyre as they're higher performance but actually lasting longer at 28,000km so better value for money. Decent mileage considering non motorway plus a fairly heavy foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭ Stallingrad

How do you find them for noise? They are meant to be be a pretty quiet tyre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,609 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm

I had the Turanzas and then the Efficient grip, the Good Years are noticeably quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭ noelf

I also changed the front wheels from the Turanza T001to the Gooyears at 33000 kms. I now have 54000 km on the car and I think they will need to be changed before the winter season starts. The Turanza's on the back still look good ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭ micks_address

i have used Michelin cross climate plus before and had excellent lifespan

Advertisement