Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn feed

Options
  • 10-08-2021 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

What is the best and most easily sourced type of lawn feed? Are any of the ones in woodies good? I feel my grass is disastrous at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

10-10-20 dont go too mad with it tho. you'll be out every day cutting !

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

I will give you my opinion

Go with an All purpose liquid Feed.

Using Lawn Fertiliser granules, you have a high chance of burning the lawn if not spread correctly.

Based on my research im going for a liquid Seaweed Fertiliser next week

I had very good results using Miracle Gro water soluble all purpose lawn food a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I used to use 10-10-20 but switched to 7-6-17 and it made a huge difference. Healthy grass without it shooting up. Any agri supplier will have it. It's cheap and a bag will do most lawns for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I do likewise but a large area of lawn (800+ sq m) is had work and expensive with liquid feeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Thanks everyone I might try the miracle gro first as I’m assuming it’s easily available from the likes of woodies. If that doesn’t work I’ll try some other products. Literally have a garden full of clover and that’s it, haven’t cut the grass in two months as it doesn’t seem to be growing.

• Advertisement

I have this, used a few times last month and I don’t think it has made any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Apply Ammonium Sulphate if you want to get rid of the clover, but ! be care full on the spread rates, it much and you'll burn the lawn ...

Anyone in south county Dublin have and 7 6 17? I’m finding it difficult to source some locally

Advertisement