Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir mobile €19.99 for 100GB, anyone used it?

• 10-08-2021 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

They seem cheaper than all the rest and the device is included and also a 14 day cooling off period. Seems like a very good deal, but has anyone got any experience using it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Chelon

Signed up for it in the end, but what can I say about Eir?? These are just some of the potential show stoppers I can remember:-

Tried to sign up online. Asked for bank details then also asked for a credit card. Couldn't understand that part so decided to go to a nearby Eir shop.

First attempt, found the shop closed up early.

Second attempt, at a different shop, no stock.

Third attempt at a different shop, again closed at 17.00 when they say they're open until 18.00

Finally ended up in Grafton St, surely they will sort me out I thought. They had stock but told me the cooling off period is only 7 days not 14 for stuff bought in the shop. Also if there were any issues you have to bring it back to the same shop, you can't just use any one, which I found very strange. I'm off travelling so suggested I could post it in, again they said no way.

Ended up getting it anyway and good news is it seems to work fine so far, getting about 20MB download speed.

The usage view on their website doesn't seem to work very well so will just have to monitor it as best I can.

Overall for a major national company I'm not very impressed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭beachhead

I have used them.At the start of covid when everyone was at home the service would drop regularly day and night.But that's sorted now.At night after 11pm there are drop outs some for 20 secs or 1 minute.After 12 midnight it is hit and miss(same drops) to 3.00am but not every night.Could be maintenance issues or high usage.Most likely high usage every time

• Registered Users Posts: 2 perry h

I have 3 mobile 4g broadband in my sons bedroom, we get about 30mbps and it cost €30 a month, ping/jitter can go up to 0.6s. We use the 3 mobile broadband int he car also with a little 4g device. We also have Eir 5G Broadband for the lounge, kitchen and my office. It is €45 a month for a 12 month contract plus €100 for the equipment. We are achieving between 40-60mbps with 0.017s ping/jitter, before 7am we are getting over 80mbps! NBI are due to be installing FTTH between April and June 2022, at this point I will cancel the mobile plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

why not get GoMo? It's the same provider (EIR), cheaper and unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Chelon

Have to say that's first I've heard of GoMo - they look nice and cheap but don't think they supply a modem?

• Advertisement
Advertisement