Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Ring and Google Nest doorbells - without subscription?

Options
  • 09-08-2021 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

From what I have read and the reviews I have watched it seems that without subscription you are only able to view live and the video from the last notification but someone who has one has told me that on their Amazon Ring it is possible to look back on past notifications to see who was at the door - not just the most recent notification - so that if you miss one you can always go back and check, or go back through several past videos.

Maybe they bought with some promotion they are unaware of and normally you will not be able to view past videos? For Ring and for the Nest doorbells can you actually look back on past recordings, not just the most recent in the notification?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Not sure about ring or nest but with the Eufy doorbell there's no sub, all events stored locally and you have access to all events on memory card. Comes with a 16GB card but can be upgraded to 128. All clips easily download to your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

I have a Ring, and it's live-only without a sub. You can pick up a 'call' when you're at the shops, or too busy to deal with doorstoppers. Handy for screening visitors/sketchy door-to-door hawkers.

With the sub you have pretty extensive history, every time a tree moved all night, every car or van that came in or out. We have a bit of a car parking issue here, only helps build rage knowing who parked across my drive for 2 hours in the evening.. I was able to solve a few minor local crimes, including discovering that the dog dropping unpicked-up-poo on people's doorstep was in fact a fox. :-)

Nosey neighbour's best friend, in essence. About 15% of the houses in the estate have them now, which does deter car break-ins, door crashes, you're captured front and back on multiple cams.

Advertisement