Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Emmisions failure need advice please

• 08-08-2021 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Mothers car failed NCT on emmisions

2007 Seat Ibiza 1.4 petrol not sure on milage but over 140k

NCT results

Engine oil temp 88

Low idle co 0.62. Over 0.30 fail

900rpm HC 19ppm

Lambs 0.98

High idle

3060ppm co 0.72 over 0.20 fail

HC 22ppm

It had head work done about 4 years ago. Gets services every year.

Any ideas of the potential issues and fix or is it too costly given its age.

Thanks

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Mechanic is telling me it will be the cat needs changing but can't give me a price yet on it till he has a full look which is over a week as fully booked. Anyone had this done on car and what would be expected bill I was thinking 300 to 500 would do it what would you guys say cost if anyone has experience with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭HBC08

Had the same issue with a MINI,also a 1.4 petrol 2007 and also needed a cat,think I was quoted about €700 at the time.I traded in the car in the end.

Advertisement