Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boyfriend unsure about our future together

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Also OP - when you asked him if he could see you in his life in 6 months time and he made no reply - how did that happen?

Did you ask him over text message? Otherwise I can’t see how somebody could not reply when asked a question and ignore you, if you were ignored when talking then that was highly rude and disrespectful.

If you did text the question however that would have come across as super annoying from his perspective as you don’t have conversations like that over text.

This is probably a tad blunt, but to me it seems like he's lost interest in you, but hasn't got the neck to actually outright say it to you and is hoping you'll get the message and leave, but you're so adamant that you want to get married and have kids that you'll bend over backwards to keep the relationship going as long as you can, in the hopes everything will turn out great (it won't).

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Dog day

Hi again OP, I know you said earlier that you don’t see a pattern in your relationships but from you’ve told us so far I really do. Equally I think at this point that your approach to this thread may also be symbolic of the way in which you may be approaching relationships & life in general. I think it’s likely that you’re tiring yourself out, constantly putting yourself under pressure & perhaps tending to exhaustive over-analysis of every detail. I’d gently suggest that at this point this thread is now encouraging you to get bogged down with all the details of everything & genuinely think taking some quiet time out to yourself to just ‘be’ will really help you. Then, when you’re ready I’d suggest talking with a life coach or counsellor. Sometimes it’s in the quiet times when we pause & stop asking questions that we find ourselves naturally making better decisions. Hope that all makes sense! Once again, I wish you only positive things. All the best.

Advertisement