Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Warm Deck Flat Roof and PIR Insulation to get U-Value down to 0.12 or thereabouts

Options
  • 03-08-2021 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I see that some PIR insulation brands are certified for use with warm deck flat roof type construction buildups but the thickness available seems to be a maximum of either 120mm in Kingspan TR24 or 150mm in Kingspan TR27. Any of ye on here have any experience in using 2 layers of PIR to increase the buildup without any issues in a warm deck flat roof of size 3m x 4m with a 3 layer torch-on finish? any issues with fixing the second layer of PIR? (total height of PIR will be 200mm or thereabouts).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Biker1

150mm PIR will give you a U-value of 0.12w/m2k which is more than sufficient in this climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CelicaGT

Thanks for your thoughts on it Biker1 and taking the time to reply

Yep, I was just thinking about that after I posted the question - it's far easier for me to use the 150mm PIR with the quoted thermal conductivity of 0.024W/m.K. The buildup of materials used together with the insulation should help me get my u-value down (the area is pretty small anyway and located over the entrance hall so it's not the end of the world if the u-value is at 0.13w/m2k or 0.14w/m2k), I'll get around to doing the u-value calculation at some stage and that will show what's being achieved.

Advertisement