Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice re compensation for depreciation following accident

Options
  • 03-08-2021 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to see if anyone else has gone through this and would have advice on how to proceed in this instance.

Summary:

3rd party crashed into me, admitted fault and 3rd party insurer paid for the repairs to my car.

Repairs cost approx 18k in total, car is back now repaired.

3rd party insurer "offered" me €1500 as compensation/depreciation as their final offer. Advised if I was unhappy to go to the financial ombudsman. Ombudsman advises me that as I am not a customer of the 3rd party then they cannot support me.

I am unsure where to go from here in terms of getting what I would deem fair compensation for depreciation?

I believe from what I have researched that compensation should be between 10% and 20 of the cost of the repairs.

Car is 162 and worth approx 45-50k.

Thanks all.

Post edited by ustari on

Comments

Advertisement