Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW X6 E71 high mileage

Options
  • 03-08-2021 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

This is very much a thinking with the heart question rather than using common sense but just wondering if anyone has any experience with the E71 X6 and how scared should I be if looking at one with 150k+ miles on the clock. The 3L turbo diesel engine seems pretty bulletproof but im wondering if im asking for a world of pain by taking the chance on one of these which wouldnt have a full service history. Ive had my share of e30s and e63s all with high mileage but never gave me much trouble. My 650i had 160k miles on it and drove like a dream until I had to sell it.

Missus has her heart set on an E71, which suits me as id prefer to eat rocks than drive some base model Korean SUV. Im used to the nice bells and whistles and dont want to give them up. Any thoughts or experience is most welcome.

Im also assuming the new Nox levy and VRT charges pretty much ruin any chance of bringing one in from the UK with a higher spec?

Post edited by biko on

Advertisement