Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to sell stocks held in the UK from a previous employer

Options
  • 02-08-2021 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have some stocks from a previous employment that were awarded as part of an employee stock option scheme.

The shares are currently held by a company in the UK which told me, that they would not be able to sell them for me, as I am resident in Ireland.

How would I go about selling these shares here in Ireland?

I assume I will need to open an account with an Irish broker such as Davy Select but they seem to require me to invest EUR500.00 when opening an account but I only want to do this one off selling transaction.

Any advise and pointers to a broker who I could get the stocks transferred to and sold by would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Rustyman101

Can you transfer to Degiro ? Free trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭morninwood

I did not think Degiro would do that. Thanks for the tip. I am going to open an account with them.

Much appreciated.

Advertisement