Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a way for a site to tell an other site what item one of their users has added to their cart

Options
  • 01-08-2021 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am looking for a bit of advice on this. Unsure if it possible at all as I am not that confident of a developer, currently using no code platforms while trying to learn JS on the side. Working full time also.

My query is this - I have a website which users sign up to, the user then goes on to a separate ecommerce site elsewhere and adds a product to their cart. Is it possible in some way for the ecommerce website to relay the information back to my site about what item the user has added to their cart?

Could this possibly be done through iframe or affiliate link? Could each user that signs up to my site be given a unique affiliate link to the ecommerce site, so that when they add an item to their cart, the ecommerce site recognizes it's this unique users affiliate link from site so relay the cart info back to me?

Open to any other suggestions on this.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement