Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Car Refund, what rights?

• 31-07-2021 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,862 ✭✭✭✭

What are your rights in getting a refund for a new car.

Long story short, a family member bought a brand new car. It was delivered early this month. However, issues started after two weeks, which were reported back to the dealer. Car was brought back, and they still have not fully fixed the issue at hand. So new car has been parked up at the dealer for well over a week now....

Dealer also very poor on communication and any sensible timelines to resolve, so much so, we just want our money back on this new car, that had a defect from the off.

As far as I know, if the car had issues and it was reported before 30 days of getting the car, you may have a right to a full refund. Does anyone know what specific legislation one should be looking at here in enacting? The fact we have to go down this road says a lot about the poor after-sales support we got from the dealer in question.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

What sort of car is it and what are the issues?

I'm no expert on consumer law but I think you have to give the dealer an opportunity to fix the car before you can reject it. I'd document everything, write to the Dealer expressing your concerns, and saying that if the car isn't fixed properly and permanently that you will reject it and demand a full refund.

I had a similar case although the car was not brand new at the time, I went back to the dealer with the car after the fix did not get rid of the issue, I explained to them I wanted my money back and I was prepared to go down the legal route - took a bit of patience and back and forth but I walked out with my money back.

Advertisement