Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Michael D struggling with presidential workload.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ CptMonkey

Ya this is what I took it to mean. He was basically telling the dail to work better and not rush loads of legislation through

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Manach

The President has a staff that can raise issues if there are any problems with his pro-forma signing.

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭ Tony H

• Registered Users Posts: 25,511 ✭✭✭✭ Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,511 ✭✭✭✭ Dempo1

I do agree completely, but is the president's subtle argument too much legislation being landed on his desk, my only concern with this argument would be by default he's not actually being given enough time to fully scrutinise and therefore and perhaps maybe he's actually unable to determine if a piece of legislation is infact constitutional? There's been alot of cases brought before the SC for less tangible arguments, again, I'm just suggesting possible issues with legislation rushed and signed into law without thorough scrutiny.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭ expectationlost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭ Allinall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭ jmcc

He took the job. He should do it rather than whine about the workload.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
Advertisement