Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practice facilities in Cork?

Options
  • 30-07-2021 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a list of practice options available in Cork at present

Driving range in inniscarra/ballincollig area I'm familiar with

Also Fota obviously have a brilliant set up but it's costly to join I think from what I remember

Is there hitting off grass available in Frankfield?

What clubs have facilities more than just a putting green. Are there many with range, chipping & pitching greens?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Infoseeker1975

Best option that I am aware of is the Cork golf centre out in Ballincollig which is one you mentioned.

I went to Frankfield a couple of months ago & I was told that drivers were no longer allowed as balls had been hit into houses.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Would you have to be a member to use practice facilities, surely you just pay to get balls from dispenser and that's it

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭arsebiscuits82

There is a range in Innishannon as well. I've seen lads set up on the grass just beside it with no issues. Which reminds me I haven't been there in quite a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Break80

You can use Driver in the covered area in Frankfield not the grass area.

Fota has a top class set up with range, putting green, chipping greens, bunker practice but you need to be a member of the academy.

Douglas also has a top class set up but you also need to be a member AFIK.

Iniscarra and Frankfield are your 2 public options left I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

Must take a trip to Frankfield, hitting off grass would be more appealing than mats.

Were Lee Valley putting in new facilities or am I mixing it up with Douglas? Haven't been at either course with a while

• Advertisement

Dont bother with frankfield, the grass range is closed due to injunction from houses adjoining. he has ruined the indoor bays by raising the level of the hitting strip an inch above the stance mat and more and more of the balls are duds. Fiver for 48 balls and i reckon a third of them are poor quality. There is a nice small range in killumney u can hit off the grass there. Turn right in the village at the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

you would have to think that a good range that included a decent short game area would be profitable. Charge a membership fee and a per use fee and you should cover yourself. If inniscarra had a short game area i think it would be very busy

Advertisement