Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tokyo 2020: Athletics Thread

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I've had this discussion with people in work before, GAA heads etc who will throw away comments about cycling and athletics. I tell them that they seem like dirtier sports because they actually test, GAA, Rugby, Football do not test to the same level at all. GAA heads get awful upset when you suggest it is rampant in that sport, at every level.

I've no doubt that there are many recreational runners doing it too just to finish in the top 5 of the parish 10k. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

With a Guest like this is it no wonder!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Yeah, everything about Gezahegne stinks unfortunately. Was a world indoor champion over 1500m back in 2010 and did nothing too noteworthy after that. Finished last in the 5000m final at London 2017 and didn't run at all in 2019 and 2020. Returns to action this year and suddenly she's a sub 30 runner over 10k, out-sprinting Gidey for the silver medal. Bahrain has got form for buying doped up Africans (Kirwa, Naser) so wouldn't be surprised if the same was true here unfortunately. Obiri might get her bronze yet!

Advertisement