Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Space Remake

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

There was a new patch today when I booted it up, wondering if it has helped anyone with the graphical issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Haven't really noticed any graphical issues pre or post patch, but had a weird issue last night where I died in Chapter 5 where you're back in the Medical section, but when the game reloaded it loaded the Medical Bay from Chapter 2 (so without the changes that happen to the area in between). Which meant I couldn't progress with the game or move forward. Thankfully had a save file I could load again which brought it back to how it should be.

Have finished Chapters 5 & 6. 6 was just annoying as hell the whole way through. The zero gravity sections can just be incredibly frustrating when you have the small enemies shooting at you, but you can't see them due to darkness and trying to move/turn yourself around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Finished the first play through earlier today, loved it. Play it on hard now in ng+ and maybe go for the plat on impossible and then have to do that run with just the plasma yoke 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I did the plasma cutter on my 1st playthrough.

Now doing NG+ on hard to prepare for my impossible playthrough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

Oceans better since the last patch!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 FitBoyAwesome

Because of how transparent the developers were throughout the production process, I have faith in the game. How frequently do AAA games compare their really preliminary animation, physics, sound, and other elements to the original? It was a fantastic approach to reassure supporters that they were making every effort.

I'm loving this game, they have done a stunning job with it. I'm doing loads of exploring and side quests that I never bothered with before.

If you are going to do a remake, do it like this.

About 10 hours in. Just boarding the Valour now.

Wrapped it up tonight. Just under 16 hours, I did every side quest and loads of exploring too.

Bar the final bit (pushing the marker through the gates) that seems unnecessarily stretched, and final boss battle that are a bit of a let down, it's an amazing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just finished it there, great game. Share the sentiments of Grumpy about the end.

Anyone done NG+ ? Curious if its worth it

• Advertisement

I literally finished it and started NG+ right away. I've never done that before.

I had the plasma cutter maxed out so now it's a beast against the early enemies. There is a new enemy type that's a bit faster, some new marker pieces to find that gives an alternative ending but the main draw is a new suit and powerful weapons.

I'm bombing through it as I'm not doing any exploring or side quests but at the same time I feel it might be too soon and I'm unlikely to play it all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭brady12

Man this game is scary . Strangely I can't remember any of it from 2008 which is a good thing. I don't think I've felt tension like this in a game since Evil Within 1 . I do be panicking some times. Creeping along so slowly . I'm still only half way though and I have it since release day .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Same as me. Remember the overarching story but feeling like it's all new to me. first 3 hours or so I tip-toed around then I manned up and put my big boy pants on and showed the necros who's boss.

Good fun on hard

I played most of it with the lights off and the headset on. The fright I got when the door to the room flew opened and the dog burst in 😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

People who play this with a headset on are true heroes. I have it going through the soundbar and its terrifying for me with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My only issue with the sound was if there was any kind of cutscene or break in gameplay, when I get control back I'd take a few steps, stop to try to see what that sound was, is something going to jump out etc.... then take a few more steps and realise the sound was just my own footsteps.

They're so heavy and echoey that it consistently threw me off.

What's that squelch, whip around, and there it is again, whip around, and there is no enemy. Walk again, squelch again.

Look down and see you are walking in body parts 😨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭jones

Cracking remake. I'm really enjoying it and taking my time, I'm about ten hours in but only on chapter 5 so every nook and cranny is getting explored.

Lights off, pulse headset on its really an experience. I loved the original so was looking forward to this but was afraid they'd mess it up. Luckily they didn't.

Advertisement