Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What I learnt from COVID

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

I learned that there are waaaaaaaayyyyy more idiots/loonies our there than I thought there were - covid deniers, anti-vaxxers, lockdown protesters, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

That Covid will probably never end with the number of anti-vaxxers and covid deniers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bullpost

Its more dangerous as you get older, so eventually they will all die from it 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What I learnt is people are stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭growleaves

Ah but then they can just deny that they are dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 UnvaxedCitizen

hi folks

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Wdf folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

I've learned that some people just cannot accept that some people don't want to get the vaccine because they're young, not at risk in anyway or a obese, yet they get so upset about it. Whatever happened to personal choice? my body my choice all that lark, laughable stuff, yet these ones who complain are vaxed themselves, meaning they're not at risk. In a nutshell, just mind you're own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd hope that by the end of August we are at a stage where the offer of vaccination has been given to anyone wanting one and the country fully demasks and opens up. Those wanting to avoid the vaccines have every right to, they can decide on the stats whether that was a good decision or not, their own decision. We can't be held back waiting on 100% vaccination or 100% waiting for the Beverly Hills 90210 to take out everyone in the country with some class of a Covid meteorite arriving in Atholone some evening in September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Agreed Sir 100%

None of this vaxxed, non vaxed BS, lets just crack on with it 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭justmehere

#26 PJs, slippers, and tracksuit bottoms should become standard office attire

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

The problem is that people's personal choice is only respected if that doesn't seriously endanger other people.

If you don't get the Covid vax, then maybe you're 5% likely to hurt someone.

If you don't get the Flu vax, then maybe you're 0.1% likely to cause harm.

So the latter is acceptable, but the former isn't. Does that make sense? Another personal choice people wouldn't respect would choosing not to recycle and (please excuse the extreme example here) murdering someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Incredibly low IQ post. What is up with these naval gazers and their cookie cutter views on conspiracy theories? Bow to nurses and doctors? Are you kidding me? I will treat them with respect like I would any other person.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭growleaves

I learnt that the mass majority of people have rejected their own freedom and want a total management system for human beings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

I learned that lots of people buy way more useless stuff than we need. Otherwise how could the level of savings have been so high. Seems we really fall for the advertising & have to buy the latest trends in a lot of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I learned.. While suffering from Covid

Never sit in bed and google your symptoms. I frightened the st1te outta myself.

Take an extra week off work after your 10 days. The symptoms can pop up from time to time during that time. Even after a few days of feeling fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Re 6, the panic buying was disgraceful and embarassing. It really frightened the old people and for no reason. The supply chain was fine but the supermarkets could not order and stock fast enough. I imagine a lot of the food ended up in the bin.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I didn’t panic buy but I was doing ‘big shop’ ( every month / 3 weeks) for 4 of us. And I had €50 coupons to use. There one particular group of 3 women who tailed me in the shop and mimicked by buying.pure panic.

saying that I just filled the car FULL after uk reports of no petrol / diesel! !

Advertisement