Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insurance Cover

Options
  • 21-07-2021 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone done a comparison of the various insurances on offer, recently?

While I'd traditionally have favoured the NARGC fund, you need to be a member of an affiliated club to renew, which is pain (and seems daft, given the amount of members that they must be scaring away with that rule).

That just leaves the Country Sports Ireland policy, or Countryside Alliance cover, unless I'm missing anything else?

Any thoughts on which cover is best?

Many thanks

Thanks,

G.

Post edited by garrettod on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭JP22

Countryside Alliance is gone from Ireland, only available in NI and Uk.

IFA Countryside provides ins via FBD.

https://ifacountryside.ie/policy/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Thanks,

That IFA website doesn't seem to mention target shooting, of any description. While I appreciate the agri. audience that it's designed for, you'd ideally like to see it mention the various target disciplines (in addition hunting) somewhere along the way.

The suggestion of two policies has also thrown me a bit, although granted, I'm reading it late at night, so it may be a bit clearer, when I read it again tomorrow.

https://ifacountryside.ie/policy/

Any thoughts on this one ?

I see that JP Craven from Midlands is involved in it.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I joined that countrysportsireland one last year and again this year. It's a fairly priced, very good product that suits me down to the ground in that there is no hassle joining as an individual and it seems to be run by people who want to cover most worst case scenarios for its members. I hope I never have to use them but for 40 euro a year it's peace of mind for me and my family and the landowners that give me permissions.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

I have been with country sports Ireland for a few years now. 40 euros or 35 if with a affiliated club. Covers you for all types of recognises country sports not just shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Good crowd to deal with,and have no problem with its coverage outside of the ROI to anywhere you might go in the EU.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
Advertisement