Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dyson fans

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

You could buy a portable AC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

As has been said, Dyson fans don't cool the air. No fan does. They simply move air around. I have the larger dyson fan, it was given to me. Would I buy one. No.

It looks nice and works as a fan but so do the cheap fans I have. The dyson is actually less powerful and noiser than a standard cheap fan. The only handy thing about it is the smart features and the heating on the model I have, in winter I have it on a timer to heat the room... but that isn't worth the €600+ they retail for.

I've a portable AC unit (you can get them in argos, b&q etc.) in my office. It's big and noisy but it gets the room ice cold... AC is the only way to really get a space cooled down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Update: still very happy with the fan. It works better again since the weather has cooled down. The whining I mentioned in my first breakdown has not been noticed since... I use it regularly on setting 3, but never (yet) on 4.

Happy with my purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Must keep on the look out for a reasonably priced decent fan or two for next years heatwave!!:)

By that for 30 or 40 euro each….we had one in house luckily this year that OH got in Argos last year for around €30…..did the job rightly to cool living room on hottest days and one bedroom each night.

For people who posted to this forum during the heatwave where would ye recommend for buying a few fans?

thanks for any replies.

Advertisement