Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭RoTelly

What law is he breaking, sure are you going to call the Guards on how people wear their hair… no organisation insists on their employees hair cut…

Just the Guards and/or military.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭squonk

Think most organisations would have views on acceptable appearance, particularly in customer facing roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭RoTelly

I know I just though it was ironic.

I took a low paid job to keep me going for a few months and one of the lads want to wear a hat in work because it was his look, his first "real" job or his first job, I am surprised he didn't realise some of the same rules apply in the work place.

Some customer facing roles even have a uniform!

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

yup and what this young lad will find is that he just don’t get hired showing up to interview with his Mohawk. I’m all for expressing yourself as a teenager/college aged person but if the school has rules on dress accepted hairstyle and they’ve signed up to those, then the retired teacher is right. Suck it up! Nothing stopping Sarah’s pride and joy going full Mohawk for I’m the summer holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Hodger

There is one cafe I know and without mentioning the name of it one of the female staff has a hair style its shaved bald at the sides with shortish hair front and back Im not sure what name of her hairstyle is.

But bottom line her hairstyle doesnt her ability to do her job and serve deal with customers .

• Advertisement

Agree 100% however it depends on the place and the attitude of the management. It sounds like a cool cafe and she probably adds to the atmosphere there. Horses for courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Hodger

I also know one small shop one of the female staff who is muslim wears the muslim head scarf.

The management dont seem to mind as it dont effect her job performance .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,928 ✭✭✭Tow

Last time I went into an AIB the staff were worse dressed than the customers. Call me old fashion, but you don't expect front facing bank staff to be in faded skinny jeans.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

Back in the day a job in the bank was coveted and considered one to be proud of. They were quite fussy about who they took, you needed an air of responsibility and orderliness.

I wonder how a Mohican style would go down in Montrose TV presenters🤔

Would Kevin Beakcursed approve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shan Doras

Has Philip Hayes been axed as auxiliary LiveLine host ??????

St Gobnait, patron of bees, being mentioned on Nationwide atm, where’s Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,827 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 19,189 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

A bad choice .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Was great getting back to real Liveline today but as someone said we will suffer for it for weeks.

Whatever you do if you have high blood pressure or medical condition don't watch KT on her show tonight.

Joe talking to Johnny Logan on de TV atm. A very warm hearted guy, of course Joe causing de embrasion of particulates on his person at mention of DEATH

• Registered Users Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Your calling the man a clown.

Will that get mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,138 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

You actually found a bank that had staff in it and you're complaining??

Very much so. I walked in with a Final Response letter saying I had to open a current account to get money out of a old savings account, due to an issue they have with the design of their systems. Told Mr Skinny Jeans the purpose of my visit. He told me opening accounts was by appointment only and there was a 4 month wait. I asked to see the manager or for a letter saying I had come to open an account but they could not do it for 4 months. He said to wait and they would give me a letter. After a few minutes a teller (from the era when quality matted and working in a bank was prestigious) came out, read my letter, muttered about the state of AIB and told me she could have open an account in less time than it look to read the two page Final Response letter. She then promptly opened the current account.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

You know what you get when you pay peanuts!

It’s things like this that Liveline shoukd be covering. The banks are taking the absolute piss at this stage with both the low level of customer service they apply and the gradual erosion of their physical presence. There is the usual furore in the Dail when new closures are announced but as usual it’s TDs grandstanding to get on the telly. Meanwhile nothing happens and an area like mine in the west of Ireland has a bank in the local town I’m lucky enough to live near, otherwise people travel up to 30 miles to avail of a service.

So now Joe, if you read this, enough of the ghoulish details from incidents long ago, more of what actually matters to people in Ireland today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Lots of companies insist on certain hairstyles. Were you really not aware of that?

I cannot remember de LL in Joe's day covering banks, except for mention in de odd scam. I can remember Gaybo and Marion having callers on in tears when interest rates with up around 16%.

These days Kevin cannot afford to offend the banks. RTE is living on its overdraft, while they wait for the gubberment to sort out the TV Licencing system.

You mean aside from the day Joe caused a run on the banks?

A friend of mine used to do work for a well know company, on their then one and only computer system. He sported the classic Open University look of long hair, big beard and Jesus sandals. Needless to say this was totally against company policy. When the owners arrived in head office, word would go out and the managers would hide him.

That’s standard enough. Certainly in the IT line. Again not customer facing. I worked in an IT company where you could be sent onsite to a bank from time to time. There was a general smart casual dress code. You could wear t-shirts but you usually knew when you were scheduled for a a bank visit. You dressed in a shirt that day. Usually we dressed in shorts anyway. There was an emergency tie available for when you needed to go in site at short notice!

I forgot about that :-)

When Joe caused bank guarantee to ramp up from about 20k to 100k and then unlimited.

Still, I don't think Joe has had a (cultured style) 'callout' on de show for a member of a bank's top management to come on air.

Still, I don't think Joe has had a (cultured style) 'callout' on de show for a member of a bank's top management to come on air.

Well how many bank's top management listen to Mundane-and-Misery FM?

To get a job in a bank back in 1980s, you had to do a two hour test on numerical ability, logical sequencing, etc, other reasoning too. To me the idea of a job in the bank was very DULL, but like many parents back then an application form was shoved in front of me to sign. Unfortunately scored too well in tests so shoved to interview where absolute boredom was evident. But generally the idea of a bank job for their children was almost the equivalent of getting a PhD now.

About 15 years ago somebody, let’s say who wasn’t into passing exams, got a front facing bank job, pittance salary. I was stunned. The dumbing down of front facing roles began maybe somewhere about 20 years ago, in my reckoning.

Claire Byrne talking about banks now, the lack of human interaction.

• Advertisement

From 2008, when Joe tried to cause panic by telling people to keep money in mattresses.

There have probably been a few more phone calls since, to D4bz and Kevin Breakhearse.

Advertisement