Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,820 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

No Katie, all of us planting acorns won't make a blind bit of difference, not when China, Brazil, India etc don't give a sh1te. Its pissing in a Category 5 wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

my faaader used to suggest adding contraceptive in the water, my mother did not agree but let him express his opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Not really, she's quite right. People rarely flew in the 1970s/ 80s, too expensive and even less so before that. The last 3 decades are a complete aberration in terms of cheap flights and can't go on like this. More staycationing needed but oh dear,, the government has F****** the local tourism industry here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,778 ✭✭✭shearforce

a tree a day my hole, couple of months of the year you couldn't put anything in the ground

• Advertisement

She’s against anything that might be fun. Bit like the old Cattalick & Scottish Presbyterian churches.

Quote function defunct

M

Aviation accounts for 2.5% of global CO2 emissions. It's meat production that's the big elephant in the room, particulary the likes of Ireland exporting meat to China, makes no sense whatsover.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,056 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"Joe Duffy, I'd throttle him."

Hey, maybe she's not so bad after all.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

”Joe Duffy, I’d throttle him… he stirs it….”

Joe just spluttered his rioja all over his bowl of coddle, listening to that threat from Anita

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Good luck Anita, ya mad yoke ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Jaysus that paper bag charge in Easons has got out of control.

How much land has that acorn addict got ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

You’d want big hands to throttle Joe.

M

No mow May = The council will not be maintaining greens until June to save a few bob.

I hope to be flying soon to Uist in Scotland, via Glasgow to hear de corn rake and dat in de machair landscape. I should be going de slow way over two or three days, there and back.

Hope being de operative wurd as I’m keeping fingers crossed my replacement for a lost passport arrives in time! 🤞🏾

Anita

M

It's a great comeback when one of the neighbours makes a joke about your garden looking like a kip and you tell them you are leaving it for nature to maintain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭calculator

I'm guilty of the paved front garden 😳

the best thing you can do for global warming is not have children.

• Advertisement
    M

I think the Greenways open people's eyes up to nature and bring more good than harm so to speak.

I look forward to the day when all these fecking greenways are re-laid with proper railway track and decent train services are re-instated.

Yes and true but you know we've had cattle in Ireland for many centuries. Your wealth & status was once judged by head of cattle. So really no massive change there.

But the last 3 decades are a complete aberration in terms of cheap flights. And of course we have industrialisation too.

how the fcuk can a greenway be a problem, wasn't a problem when there was a big dirty diesel train flying along it

Katie should get whats her name on.. Olivia. They want to destroy large parts of the lovely grassy Barrow tow paths, to allow the lycra crowd to whizz up and down it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭Tow

Kay Tee, get Eamon Ryan on about the greenway path running along is back garden he does not want upgraded. Instead he wants (already has money allocated) to stick wide cycle path along the main road. Including giving his local pub public park land to increase their car park, to make up for reduced road side parking.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

That’s a year in Jail for you plus you need to dig up de concrete and plant something living.

Tried to quiet Calculator!

M

I miss plastic straws, I'd gladly pay 15c deposit return to use one.

• Advertisement

Sheeps brains.

🤢🤢

Advertisement