Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say Something Good about new boards, as boardsie who preferred old

• 18-07-2021 1:02am

Come on say something good.

Me: Noobs will get greater chance to be heard if they have anything useful to contribute. Older as well as chung wuns. For a brief period, " its who you know no boards not what you know" won't be a factor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

I quickly get board trying to maneuver the site. That must be a positive, no? It’s not a negative, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,226 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well...nah can't think of anything

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

To be fair, as they introduce the features it is getting better.

Too much wasted white space is still a big problem. Not sure if it can be fixed or whether that is the skin they are using.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Initially disappointed, i now think actually rolling out new functions/features over days and weeks might actually help me with my automatic outlook of 'change is bad'

• Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

The font is bigger, which is better for my old eyes. That's about it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I like change so I'm willing to go along with it and see how things work out.

Or..I've no life and this is all there is;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

It's so futuristic, it feels like a New Mobile Phone in my hand as I think of the Star Trek thingy-ma-jiggy..ahhh u know,.when they use to say:Beam Me Up Scotty.. feck sake do u not remember!? It was like an old flip phone before flip phones were invented,.do u remember now!?!?

Ahhhhh forget about it ffs 👿

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭Tork

I like the larger text and that your username doesn't show up on the browser when you're logged in. After that, nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Will there be a dark-mode for this upcoming finalisation of the new boards.ie website?. That would be a nice add-on, pretty please.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭con747

Emm, Oh yeah, no, Hmm, no. Ah, it's still called Boards.ie that's good. 🙄

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Something ‘good’? Hmmm.

Thus far, this forum update has met my expectations perfectly, without any deviation from my anticipated disappointment and awful user experience.

One might take that as ‘good’, were one to have been graced with a vocabulary matching the standards most commonly bestowed through an education in the American colonies.

Something else ‘good’? It’s not quite as bad as MySpace or BeBo were in their dying throes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I think it really has captured the zeitgeist.

And it works which the other one didn't

look its fine what are we worried about at least it isn't facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Id love to as I am a huge fan I rarely post but I follow several threads avidly Mrs Sliabh reckons too much at times . But this latest incarnation leaves me underwhelmed if only I could get back my followed forums that would be a start. Or even set a new followed forum section that would be a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The new quote system is way better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭prunudo

A positive you say, I suppose I'll have more time for other tasks as I won't be able, I mean can't spend time catching up on threads I used to previously follow and browse.

Another positive maybe that it might get better as features get added. But at present I find it unusable, it just doesn't flow, takes too long to quickly browse and catch up on followed threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭malinheader

Can't think of anything. Hardly be on boards anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,267 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

its grand , I can post ,which is all i did on the old one.

not sure why people are making such a fuss.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

It might stop the multi quoting, that kills many a good thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

endless array of new emojis..........

..........................and that's about it really😶😕

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I ike the smell off it , sorta like an aroma of petrol and strawberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭corner of hells

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

The missus is no longer giving out to me for being on Boards all the time.

My threads are called Discussions and my posts are called comments cool ..

Also if I'm in the middle of writing a post ohhh I mean a comment,and I go back a page to check something..my half written comment is still sitting there ready to be completed and posted,. That's cool.

Italy bayyyyyte England 3-2 on penalties in the Euros 2020/2021 Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

You can paste an image directly into a post, rather than having to attach it as a file first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It will get there, it's just going to take a lot of the time, the mobile site is what's awful and needs all the work, when you put it to desktop mode it seems a lot better to navigate....

But attaching GIFs and videos and the like is much easier thankfully and doesn't need a degree in vBulletin software

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Mobile site is shite.

Anyway, good points...

1. I've stopped getting countless email notifications of replies to threads (and notifications of replies that were posted 2 weeks ago).
    2. I typed "shite" in a reply and it wasn't censored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Bloodymice

Am I the only one who can’t figure out the new layout at all? My followed threads are gone. I used to use ‘recent posts’ all the time - has that gone too?

Advertisement