Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portugal

Options
  • 15-07-2021 7:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭

Hi

We are going to Portugal on Monday 19th July.

2 adults - fully vaccinated.

2 kids. Ages 6 and 7.

We are getting conflicting information and are confused about the flight out.

I know there is PCR/Antigen tests.

For the flight from Ireland to Portugal, can anyone tell me if we need to get a test done? (From what we have gathered it seems the adults only need the test done)

But then as both adults are fully vaccinated, not sure if we need this test.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭rob316

As far as I know this is the procedure, as I will be doing the same in August.

Entering Portugal

Children under 12 exempt from testing/quarantine

No tests for adults fully vaccinated.

Entering Ireland

Children will require a negative PCR test no more than 72 hours before arrival.

Actually your 6 year old is exempt from testing entering Ireland also. Its 7-18 that require a negative PCR test.

So just a negative PCR test for your 6 year old coming back thats all is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭obi604

THANKS

are ye sure on Entering Portugal "No tests for adults fully vaccinated"

Herself has 2 tests booked for me and her costing 168 euro

Both of us are vaccinated, other half got the digital cert via email, I haven't got mine yet though

presume you mean So just a negative PCR test for your **7** year old coming back thats all is needed.

Yes sorry your 7 year old I meant.

No tests for adults provided you have the covid cert.

• Advertisement

But on the way out to Portugal, you reckon none of us adults need to do a test?

only issue is I have indeed got the vaccine but haven’t got the bloody cert yet.

Adult will need a negative anti gen test if they do not have the cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Wasn't it changed the other day that children under 12 didn't required a pcr test returning to Ireland?

I'm going off the reopen euro site and the guidelines says children 6 or under are exempt from testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Check it again on the 19th when the new rules come into effect, that children under 12 wont require a pcr test after the 19th, this is for coming back to Ireland

• Advertisement

What is the email address the digital cert comes from. Is it: Something@hse.ie

want to try and search all my folders for it

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭headtheball14

It's noreply dcc@health.gov.ie

Honest opinion, do ye think we are mad to be travelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Its your decision and your money

I probably should not be confused by this, but I am.

Just in regard to the flight out tomorrow with ‘family plus’ am I allowed bring 1 x 20kg back. And then 4 x 10kg for each passenger.

The above link seesm to suggest I am allowed 1 x 20 kg bag for the flight out and 1 x 20kg bag for the flight back

Yet the email from Ryanair, part of it below seems to suggest 2 x 20kg bags each flight. below is for me as main passenger

Flight out:

FR2303 31C, Checked Bag (20kg), Checked Bag (20kg), 10kg Check-in Bag, Family Plus

Flight back:

FR2304 30D, Checked Bag (20kg), Checked Bag (20kg), 10kg Check-in Bag, Family Plus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Hi obi604,

I am due to fly out to Portugal 29th July with wife and kids. Can i ask, how you got on and if you are there how is everything where you are? TIA

hI

So all went grand travel wise. Few forms to fill in but Not too bad. 

Shannon airport was really quiet, perfect scenario really. 

Plane half full, just felt a bit uncomfortable as there was no social distancing where we were sitting, but we moved around (initially some people all on top of each other……and rows of seats lying idle)  We flew with Ryanair, I think Aer lingus have more strict guidelines on social distancing. 

In Faro airport, they were initially looking for both the vaccination cert AND Negative covid test, even though it was only meant to be one or the other but I think the staff were a little confused.  (There was a UK flight in at same time as us etc so that may have confused them) 

Just had a few min delay there at security till the guy checked with his superior as my Covid cert never arrived and they were double checking my Covid test. 

Out here then, a few guidelines around stay in groups at pool area and don’t move sun lounger and only spend a morning or afternoon at pool but not both.  Wear your masks etc but same as home. About 90% people wear masks in busy outdoor areas like the marina when strolling around etc. 

The area I’m in shuts up shop at 10:30pm and on weekend days at 3pm.  (Bars and restaurants)

So all in all, it’s the finest. Place is actually fairly busy and only for the early shutdown (which does not affect us to be honest) it’s kinda like a holiday as normal. 

And we are not watching RTE news every night on about the figures either !!! ;) 

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mrsherself

Sorry to piggyback OP, but I'm going to Italy and I probably won't have the travel cert. What proof did you give them that you were fully vaccinated?

My predicament is this: by the time I travel, I will be fully vaccinated according to Pfizer (2 vaccines plus SEVEN days) but the general line is FOURTEEN days because that's for all the other vaccines. I will be 8 days after my 2nd dose when I travel, thus fully vaccinated. I'm not holding out any hope that I will actually get my cert so I'm wondering if I'll be let in without a PCR test. Would rather not do one if I don't have to.

honestly, you will need a test to get in I would imagine. Think of it - from an airport or whatever point of view, you rock up with no digital cert or no negative test result, they will more than likely tell you to turn around

to be sure I paid 68 Euro to a private company called randox health to get a Covid test done. (Still bitter about this !! Stupid Covid cert never came, 2nd jab received on 25th June)

There are different companies in each county it seems but Randox health was the nearest one to us

it had to be done in the 72 hour window before the flight was due to take off. And I got the result back 24 hours after I did it. Showed this at airport in Shannon and Faro and they accepted it.

now this worked for Portugal, I’m not saying it will work for Italy, Italy may have different rules

also bring any receipts you get at the place you get your vaccine.

The cert arrives two or three days after the second vaccination if you get it in a HSE centre.

Hey,

Thanks very much for getting back to me. I am in a very similar situation to you in relation to digital certs etc. Both myself and my wife are getting our pcr tests done tomorrow so it's good to know we can get through without DCC. Not sure if we'll have them by the time we fly out. Like yourself the early shut down won't affect us with young kids. It's nice to get the feedback from you so thanks again for your reply. Just another question, did you book a pcr test for the trip home? I'm thinking hotel can maybe give us guidance on this once we arrive.

Hi

no we haven’t booked a test for the way home. From what we read it’s not needed. I hope.

and actually the 3pm shutdown on weekends is not actually a thing, all bars and restaurants still open until 10:30pm

Thanks obi,

For Italy, it appears the window is even narrower - 48 hours for test. It really leaves very little time, as you need to leave time for result too, but you also can't do it too early. Very messy.

I have myself booked in with Randox so fingers crossed.

Thanks Jeremy, unfortunately I'm getting my vaccine in a pharmacy so it's a little more unpredictable

• Advertisement

Messy is right. 48 hours is tight but results should be back in 24 hours. Just need to time it very carefully, painful.

If only they sent out the bloody Certs. I’ve now spoken to a load of people who got their 2nd Jab 1 week and 2 weeks after me and have their cert for the last week……and alI jabbed at the same location !!

Advertisement