Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Gravel Bike Races - Ireland

  • 06-07-2021 2:40pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 9 Sparrow123


    I am very interested in gravel bike races. I have searched various sources for gravel races in Ireland and cannot find too much. I would like to know if there are many more in Ireland? Thanks in advance for any contributions.

    The following is a list that I have generated from Google/Facebook:

    17/18th Sep 2021 - Gravel Grind West
    26.5km, 60km or 100km

    9th October 2021 - Lakelander Gravel Grinder
    50km or 100km


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭ nak


    There aren't any gravel races in Ireland afaik, those are sportives.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭ Macy0161


    nak wrote: »
    There aren't any gravel races in Ireland afaik, those are sportives.
    Lakelander is timed, and they make a big deal of the fastest times. Perhaps more gran fondo than race though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭ nak


    Macy0161 wrote: »
    Lakelander is timed, and they make a big deal of the fastest times. Perhaps more gran fondo than race though.

    They're both timed but you don't need a competition licence to enter.

    Gran fondos can have some good prizes, one I did in Italy had €9k for the winner. It was a race for the people in the prizes, for the rest of us it was dodging the broom wagon.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,185 ✭✭✭✭ Enfilade


    nak wrote: »
    They're both timed but you don't need a competition licence to enter.

    Gran fondos can have some good prizes, one I did in Italy had €9k for the winner. It was a race for the people in the prizes, for the rest of us it was dodging the broom wagon.

    Wow that's more than the women get for winning the Giro this year!!!!!!

    🚴‍♂️



Advertisement