Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gravel Bike Races - Ireland

• 06-07-2021 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I am very interested in gravel bike races. I have searched various sources for gravel races in Ireland and cannot find too much. I would like to know if there are many more in Ireland? Thanks in advance for any contributions.

The following is a list that I have generated from Google/Facebook:

17/18th Sep 2021 - Gravel Grind West
    26.5km, 60km or 100km

9th October 2021 - Lakelander Gravel Grinder
    50km or 100km

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

There aren't any gravel races in Ireland afaik, those are sportives.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

nak wrote: »
    There aren't any gravel races in Ireland afaik, those are sportives.
    Lakelander is timed, and they make a big deal of the fastest times. Perhaps more gran fondo than race though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Lakelander is timed, and they make a big deal of the fastest times. Perhaps more gran fondo than race though.

They're both timed but you don't need a competition licence to enter.

Gran fondos can have some good prizes, one I did in Italy had €9k for the winner. It was a race for the people in the prizes, for the rest of us it was dodging the broom wagon.

nak wrote: »
    They're both timed but you don't need a competition licence to enter.

Gran fondos can have some good prizes, one I did in Italy had €9k for the winner. It was a race for the people in the prizes, for the rest of us it was dodging the broom wagon.

Wow that's more than the women get for winning the Giro this year!!!!!!

Advertisement