Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haven't taxed the Tractor in years

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,117 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Do it online for the vintage tractor here

How did you manage it online for the vintage? Was it imported and registered after '93 or whenever they moved to the modern system? For tractors registered before whenever the year was, you still have the physical book and have to send away forms if I am not mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Yes but if it is not discharged by previous owner it remain a liability on the house. Solicitor will make sure it is discharged. Management charges are similar however I saw a situation lastly where a house was sold with that liability at auction and new owner had to discharge.

My point with cars tax is all it would take is a ministerial order to make the liability dischargeable on change of ownership and let car buyers make sure liability is discharged before purchase
    Can you quote same or pm me if you prefer. I'd be very interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is it not only 90 euro a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Do it online for the vintage tractor here

I tried going the vintage route for my 92 Massey but the fella I called wouldn't do it, I can't remember what he said, I think it would need to be an addition to another tractor or it wouldn't be roadworthy or some other reason that made it not worth it.

Might look into it again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Same as you. I've an old Massey Ferguson 65 that I declare off the road every year. Very easy to do online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

if it hasn't been taxed since before they brought in the SORD regulations, then I think you'll be OK to tax it without penalty. Ask the tax people.

Otherwise transfer ownership to wife/son/father etc as suggested./ It's what the tax people say to do!

Advertisement