Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chivalry 2

• 05-07-2021 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

Anyone playing this ? Picked it up on PlayStation and played abit last night . It's fun but I don't know will I hold onto it . Controls tricky get used to and prob need play with friends

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, have it about a week now and not sure how much I've played it, but I've definitely given it a couple of hours each night. It's great that even at 4.30am you can still get a game that doesn't glitch out/have massive pings. I'm enjoying it, it's a somewhat more lighthearted approach to the difficulty of Mordhau or the combat from Kingdom Come: Deliverance. It's definitely frustrating, as in the first lot of games I thought I was doing well with 15 off kills, then you see the lads at the top with 100+!

But it does take a while to get used to. I'd recommend giving all 4 classes a go, see which one you like and stick with it. Personally, I've been using the Knight class, throwing whatever 2 handed weapon I have (unless it's a 1 on 1) and then using the hand axe, finding it easier to get kills that way, as you're just slightly quicker than the 2 handed people.

But it is fun, from the hectic combat (try the 40 player instead of the 64 if you find it too hectic), to the funny one liners, to the amazing kills you witness, it's great craic when it's not totally against you.

However, those oil pots and go and **** themselves! They cause too much damage considering the amount of time and area of effect and that there isn't (as far as I'm aware) a way to put out the fire. If they removed them, the game would be better imo. Archers are a close second, but I'm willing to put up with them. And fighting lads with shields can be tough. But it's one of those games where you just have to keep at it and you'll naturally get better over time.

Word of warning to people on the fence, it's the same thing over and over, there's only a handful of maps right now so it can get very samey, but the random kills I witness keep me going, ie: seeing one of your lads sailing past you at full speed thanks to the ballista stuck through him, and he sticks to whatever surface with a satisfying thud! Or the Monty Python references. It will need a lot of constant updates to keep people coming, but the tricky combat will put people off.

Advertisement