Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Cost of getting a wall partially rebuilt, skimmed and painted

• 04-07-2021 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭ Samuel T. Cogley

Hi Folks,

I've got a wall that someone has belted. In the process of getting in rebuilt I want to get it skimmed as it's just bare blocks. There's about 35ft of wall, a third of which needs to be rebuilt but they reckon they can use the existing blocks.

They're going to do a few other bits that involves some sanding and painting.

I'm being quoted €1500 for labour - about 5 - 7 days work - although I don't reckon they'll be full on days as things will need to dry etc. I've to supply materials.

In Dublin - I reckon that's not bad, wife reckons it's a bit high. Welcome your thoughts.

Guy has done a fantastic job on a neighbours house.

TL;DR What's the going rate for labour for a week for a decent builder in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ vintcerf

if you've seen and rate his work - pay the money. too many cowboys at the moment, they'll give you a price that you like but you are going to get the job done twice for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭ Samuel T. Cogley

vintcerf wrote: »
    if you've seen and rate his work - pay the money. too many cowboys at the moment, they'll give you a price that you like but you are going to get the job done twice for sure.

Thanks vintcerf - took your advice and so far great job.

Advertisement