Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cost of getting a wall partially rebuilt, skimmed and painted

• 04-07-2021 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I've got a wall that someone has belted. In the process of getting in rebuilt I want to get it skimmed as it's just bare blocks. There's about 35ft of wall, a third of which needs to be rebuilt but they reckon they can use the existing blocks.

They're going to do a few other bits that involves some sanding and painting.

I'm being quoted €1500 for labour - about 5 - 7 days work - although I don't reckon they'll be full on days as things will need to dry etc. I've to supply materials.

In Dublin - I reckon that's not bad, wife reckons it's a bit high. Welcome your thoughts.

Guy has done a fantastic job on a neighbours house.

TL;DR What's the going rate for labour for a week for a decent builder in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭vintcerf

if you've seen and rate his work - pay the money. too many cowboys at the moment, they'll give you a price that you like but you are going to get the job done twice for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

vintcerf wrote: »
    if you've seen and rate his work - pay the money. too many cowboys at the moment, they'll give you a price that you like but you are going to get the job done twice for sure.

Thanks vintcerf - took your advice and so far great job.

Advertisement