Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Fawlty Towers in Polish

• 03-07-2021 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ the watchman

Hi,

I would like to be able to somehow get the Fawlty Towers series dubbed in Polish or probably subtitles. My only concern is that the humour might be lost in translation.

Any thoughts please. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ Dubwat

https://allegro.pl/oferta/hotel-zacisze-bbc-box-4dvd-stan-bd-10752868800

I don't understand Polish but that link looks like it's selling Fawlty Towers (Hotel Zacisze) in Polish. The DVD covers are in Polish, at least :P

Also, there are sites that offer subtitles to TV shows and movies. After a quick look, I did see one site had Polish sub-titles for Fawlty Towers. I'm not sure I can mention the sites on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ the watchman

Thanks for that Dubwat. I've seen that site and 2 others from Poland that sell it. but the reputation of the sites are simply awful, worst I've ever seen on trustpilot.

Thanks again for your time, appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,139 ✭✭✭✭ glasso

Polish dubbing used to be traditionally done by one voice in monotone - that could really take A LOT away from FT!

Here is an example

www.buymeacoffee.com/glassopy

Advertisement