Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Masks in Penneys on Henry Street

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

whatnow! wrote: »
    I was in Penneys today for the first time in 18 months and there were a lot of female customers walking around inside with no masks and nobody asking them to wear a mask.

I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two as there are quite a few ones around that area these days on the rougher side of things but there was over 20 women spread throughout the store with no masks at all and not a care about it

Look on the bright side. This time around with the Delta, they're probably going to end up with a shocking dose of the Covid. I pity the hospital staff that will have to take care of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

0lddog wrote: »
    What sort of Nice Things cant you have, Niner ?....
    So many shiny objects that are in the womens section where I dare not thread

And so an image of Niner starts to be formed

Klinger-m-a-s-h-14058259-320-240.jpg

( Klinger - MASH :D all available from Pennys )

He's looking well

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

We were told most of last year not to wear masks, they little to no protection, there was no statistics etcetc..... Coming from the top man himself....

What changed....

I've yet to see any statistics from him to show how masks change anything....

Surgery yes that's a different story and changed regularly, this business of seeing so many, dirty masks, handling constantly, touching things then adjustment of mask then back touching things, cough or sneeze into it and don't attempt to block, pull down under their chin etc.... See people drop them, our own transport minister on radio caught cleaning his glasses with his mask and so much much more.

They seem hell bent on destroying jobs, livelihood, people's homes in jeopardy, no jobs to go to and the country will be so unbelievably screwed for creating more jobs and debt is out of control....

Something is seriously wrong when there was a huge increase in billionaire and millionaire over the last year, 18 months....

The guy that brought in the ventilators that were faulty for the HSE paid €14 million, that for trash and yet he still has his app as the one used by the HSE for the tracking of covid and get a nice payment for that too.

So what if young people are out enjoying themselves it has gone way too far now.

They fcuked up from the start and didn't look after the elderly in homes or hospital, they knew it would attack these harder....
    Young death rate is so low it's not even showing as a statistical part on any graph....

Unfortunately some have died I'm not disputing that but its way out of proportion to what is actually going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

He's looking well

Yup, class uniform :P

( did he come from Toledo ? or was that Radar ? )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,236 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

athlone573 wrote: »
    I feel that is unrealistic in the current political environment,
    in theory I wouldn't be against it though. Is there anywhere it has been rolled out successfully?

Switzerland, Zurich in particular. Many of the addicts lead productive lives with daily access to drugs. Unlike cocaine and similar psychoactive drugs (or other hallucinogenic) heroin results in sharp euphoria followed by sedation, sleep effectively. There is a need to have access to a next and then a next again high but psychosis usually only arises through anxiety to get drugs. Criminal behaviour is avoided as there is a ready supply of drugs. There is an escalating dosage possibly required which can result in significant harm.

athlone573 wrote: »
    As with other annoying habits like playing tiktoks or smoking on the bus, the path of least resistance involves turning a blind eye.

I’m kind of with you in this one; I’ve generally got a very low tolerance for rule breaking, I’ll challenge people who park dangerously etc. People who leave off masks are generally itching for attention. I don’t like giving them what they seek.

No he’s buying tasseled bras and stuff to wear under the uniform. He doesn’t need it on show!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,708 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Marcusm wrote: »
    I think you missed the statement about quality drugs. Methadone helps no one and has incredibly poor impacts on an addicts health.

Handy cash cow for the GPs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

whatnow! wrote: »
    I was in Penneys today for the first time in 18 months and there were a lot of female customers walking around inside with no masks and nobody asking them to wear a mask.

Given that the virus now has less chance of killing elderly people than the winter flu does it's probably high time this mask nonsense was put to bed.

Think I'll bin mine on July 19th. That's when the UK is doing it, I see no reason why we should be any different.

• Advertisement

Given that the virus now has less chance of killing elderly people than the winter flu does it's probably high time this mask nonsense was put to bed.

Think I'll bin mine on July 19th. That's when the UK is doing it, I see no reason why we should be any different.

Not sure that the UK is a great role model for us

https://twitter.com/AndrewPRLevi/status/1411051383332159490?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

There is constant Government and NPHET bashing, but the biggest problem we still have is the reckless behaviour of quite a lot people that are continuing to spread the virus.

The ones I seen aren't waiting to go back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,602 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I was back in Pennys on Henry St. today. Everyone wearing masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Not Penneys, but a related issue. I've dined in at 2 cafés in the city centre in the last few days and neither was interested in seeing my Covid passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,742 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yep there is still a lot of selfish ignorant idiots out there and that is why cases have been so high recently. If it keeps going up we will be having another lockdown and they will be sorry then. Only yesterday I was on the local Go-AHead bus and there was two idiots in front of me one with his mask below his nose and the other selfish prick with no mask on at all except to get on the bus and even then he did no wear it right. I said to them getting off I hope both of you get long covid if you survive your covid dose. That will teach them. Stupid looking heads on them.

So much bitterness and anger in 1 post. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

LOL.

Long Covid is largely an imaginary condition favoured by left wingers who want to live off illness benefit rather than going back to work.

"cases so high recently" who cares. Deaths are so low the HSE refuses to release daily death figures because the fear factor would disappear seeing as most days have no deaths.

I feel sorry for people like you who still believe this fairy tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,742 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It's no fairy tale and long Covid is not some made up thing either. You need to take you hand out from under the sand mister. There is at least 43 people in ICU with covid and that no joke. They will have to learn how to walk and even speak again. Not fun that as well as missing out on months of there life being in the coma.

Presumably, yer man from Harvard (that bastion of pinko liberals) is one of the left wingers planning to live off non-existent US welfare? https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2021/04/harvard-medical-school-expert-explains-long-covid/

• Advertisement
Advertisement