Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Vladamir Putin - Presidency Thread - nothing is better than butter

  • 01-07-2021 2:32pm
    #1
    Site Banned Posts: 1,463 RIGOLO


    Seems about time a great leader, an eloquent statesman, a major figure of the 20th and 21st century, one of the most erudite and intelligent figure on the world stage should have his own thread.

    I have to say Im developing a real respect for him.
    The man speaks alot of sense and is refreshing to hear him speak in real terms on real issues.
    Keep in mind is Russia a product of Putin or is Putin a product of Russia. But I have to admire his ability to keep some kind of unity among 140 million people with varying ethnic, geographic , language backgrounds, managing a country that borders the west and east , with a past full of unstable regimes.. its no mean feat.

    Dont be believing all that fake news main stream media b.s. that is being shoved down your eyeballs by Western media.

    Couple of great videos to get you started .

    One is a recent 3 hour live phone in he did with the Russian people, 3 hours in a studio taking calls and questions from citizens on everything from the price of bananas to Ukraine and Crimea , questions on vaccines, lockdowns, chickens, sheep, eggs, construction materials, business loans, defences, security , phone scammers, British navy , gas pipelines supplies, unemployment payments, Selling apartments ... you name it whatever the people wanted to ask.

    Impressive stuff, Ive never seen a Western leader give an ordinary citizen the time of day.
    .

    As they used say in the old Soviet Union days when they had 2 state run newspapers PRAVDA (The Truth) and IZVESTIA (The News) ... there's no truth in the news and thers's no news in the truth ...
    Putin rocks and easily dispenses with the prevarications of western media amateur journalists. No notes, no cheat sheets, the man talks off the cuff on a broad range of subjects , and he also has some great one liners.

    Watch , listen and learn.

    Putin holds 3 hour direct line phone in with Russian citizens . An anual occurence. Very insightful on Putin but also the Russian state and daily life there.


    Putin - 1 hour interview with the Financial Times


    Recent 1 hour NBC interview with Putin .


«13

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 30,300 ✭✭✭✭ Gatling


    It's a sham ,it's easy to maintain control when anyone speaks up ends up in prison on corruption charges or dead especially journalists ,
    Raising inflation and unemployment won't end well


  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭ gral6


    Putin belongs to prison


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ fvp4


    Putin is hated by the west not because he’s a dictator (he isn’t anyway), the west makes alliances with dictators. Nor because he is anti LGBT, the west has alliances with Saudi, which has the death penalty for homosexuality.

    It’s mainly because he started to fight back in Syria.


  • Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭ Overheal


    They scripted 3 whole hours of pre approved and pre written questions wow such sincerity


  • Registered Users Posts: 30,300 ✭✭✭✭ Gatling


    fvp4 wrote: »
    Putin is hated by the west not because he’s a dictator (he isn’t anyway),

    Yes he's a dictator ,he will be in power unit he dies or the people of Russia stand up and say we've had enough


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭ Smee_Again


    It's easy to keep unity among your people if you kill anyone who might who shows any dissension.


  • Registered Users Posts: 30,300 ✭✭✭✭ Gatling


    Overheal wrote: »
    They scripted 3 whole hours of pre approved and pre written questions wow such sincerity

    I loved how he Claimed that if he sank a British ship in the blacksea it wouldn't start ww3 because the others know he would win


  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 RIGOLO


    Overheal wrote: »
    They scripted 3 whole hours of pre approved and pre written questions wow such sincerity

    How would you know , unless you watched all 3 hours , in less than 25 minutes.

    For those who arent bringing a bias to the table.

    At one point there is a lady who 'facetimes ' in with a question.

    She is live from inside a shop and she shows Putin the price of bananas from Ecuador , next to the more expensive carrots from Russia.. and she asks her President how this is so.

    Hardly seems pre-approved and pre-written.

    like I said Dont be believing all that fake news main stream media b.s. that is being shoved down your eyeballs by Western media and that is regurgitated by the western media acolytes who are un-informed but still spout off.


  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ Notmything


    Thought it was trump you had the hots for?


  • Registered Users Posts: 30,300 ✭✭✭✭ Gatling


    RIGOLO wrote: »
    Hardly seems pre-approved and pre-written.

    It's all pre-approved and staged and always been ,
    Your complaining about western media while promoting RT aka the Kremlin propaganda channel ,I'd rather have western media than propaganda that has no competition no alternative view or voices it's all our great leader is single handedly holding off the hoarde of NATO .


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭ Gregor Samsa


    Notmything wrote: »
    Thought it was trump you had the hots for?

    It's a bit like when those crazed fans become obsessed with a celebrity, but also fall in love with the celebrity's partner.

    Trump is their Lopez, Putin their Affleck. Trumptin, like Benifer, comes as a package to them.


  • Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭ Overheal


    It's a bit like when those crazed fans become obsessed with a celebrity, but also fall in love with the celebrity's partner.

    Trump is their Lopez, Putin their Affleck. Trumptin, like Benifer, comes as a package to them.

    “We Stan Trump and we ship Trump and Putin”


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭ mcmoustache


    RIGOLO wrote: »
    I have to say Im developing a real respect for him.

    Yes. That's the point of Russian propaganda. It's supposed to make you feel like that. You probably caught it off MAGA twitter in much the same way that one can catch cholera from rivers of shít.

    I'd recommend peeling yourself away from it for a bit, take two paracetamol and get a good night's sleep.


  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 RIGOLO


    Gatling wrote: »
    It's all pre-approved and staged and always been ,
    Your complaining about western media while promoting RT aka the Kremlin propaganda channel ,I'd rather have western media than propaganda that has no competition no alternative view or voices it's all our great leader is single handedly holding off the hoarde of NATO .

    The reaction is indicative of how deep western propaganda has infected peoples critical thinking.

    Putin is having live stream chats with citizens who are showing him plumbing problems, dirty water, high prices in the shops , showing him peeling paint in their schools... and the sheeple here say its all pre-scripted and staged.

    The bias runs deep.. PDS.. Putin Derangement Syndrome.

    RT is a pretty good station, for example, it was the only news station that had a regular economic chat show that forecast the 2008 economic crash. RT among other places was where I had my views on the world economy circa 2008 confirmed.
    You see if you didnt have your Western bias indoctrination , and had listened to other voices, who knows you might have ridden out the 2008 crash smoothly.

    Has anyone who is moaning about Putin , actually watched any of the videos , and care to take up any of the points Putin covered in the videos... thought not.


  • Registered Users Posts: 18,541 ✭✭✭✭ Muahahaha


    Just the 21 journalists murdered in Putins Russia But sure he knows the price of bananas, isnt he just great :rolleyes:


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭ mcmoustache


    RIGOLO wrote: »
    The reaction is indicative of how deep western propaganda has infected peoples critical thinking.

    Putin is having live stream chats with citizens who are showing him plumbing problems, dirty water, high prices in the shops , showing him peeling paint in their schools... and the sheeple here say its all pre-scripted and staged.

    The bias runs deep.. PDS.. Putin Derangement Syndrome.

    RT is a pretty good station, for example, it was the only news station that had a regular economic chat show that forecast the 2008 economic crash. RT among other places was where I had my views on the world economy circa 2008 confirmed.
    You see if you didnt have your Western bias indoctrination , and had listened to other voices, who knows you might have ridden out the 2008 crash smoothly.

    Has anyone who is moaning about Putin , actually watched any of the videos , and care to take up any of the points Putin covered in the videos... thought not.

    This post above should serve as a warning to any young people who think that they're being clever by using RT as a way to get "both sides". It's just more shíte and overdoing it can lead to posts like the above - completely devoid of reality, self-reflection or irony.

    RT - Not even once.


  • Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭ Overheal


    RIGOLO wrote: »
    The reaction is indicative of how deep western propaganda has infected peoples critical thinking.

    Putin is having live stream chats with citizens who are showing him plumbing problems, dirty water, high prices in the shops , showing him peeling paint in their schools... and the sheeple here say its all pre-scripted and staged.

    The bias runs deep.. PDS.. Putin Derangement Syndrome.

    RT is a pretty good station, for example, it was the only news station that had a regular economic chat show that forecast the 2008 economic crash. RT among other places was where I had my views on the world economy circa 2008 confirmed.
    You see if you didnt have your Western bias indoctrination , and had listened to other voices, who knows you might have ridden out the 2008 crash smoothly.

    Has anyone who is moaning about Putin , actually watched any of the videos , and care to take up any of the points Putin covered in the videos... thought not.

    Sounds all like poorly scripted Russian talking points for social media even.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭ TheValeyard


    Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just the 21 journalists murdered in Putins Russia But sure he knows the price of bananas, isnt he just great :rolleyes:

    Hey, them and those Doctors warning about Covid just accidentally fell from top floors of hospitals. Purely a coincidence.

    Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!



  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ bennyineire


    I tell you what, his English has come on brilliantly


  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 RIGOLO


    This post above should serve as a warning to any young people who think that they're being clever by using RT as a way to get "both sides". It's just more shíte and overdoing it can lead to posts like the above - completely devoid of reality, self-reflection or irony.

    RT - Not even once.

    You see thats what your dealing with nowadays.
    A poster feels qualified to judge the qualty of RT television station and has not even watched it once. You see , peoples critical thinking is at an all time low.
    Given a chance to open their mind , given a chance to see and an insight into Russian daily life, they reject it , and yet comment on it .
    I blame the universitys among other things.

    Al Jazeera is another great news channel , shame it doesnt get the credit it deserves. I dis-agree with alot of their content and their position on some middle-east issues, but I still watch it regularly. Damn they have made some of the finest documentaries Ive ever seen on TV.

    You see , go outside your little circle jerk normal environment, open your mind to some new ideas and voices. Its refreshing.

    There is a funny moment in the 3 hour live call in with Putin. All the IT systems crash , theres a DDOS attack and they have to reboot everything.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭ Overheal


    RIGOLO wrote: »
    You see thats what your dealing with nowadays.
    A poster feels qualified to judge the qualty of RT television station and has not even watched it once. You see , peoples critical thinking is at an all time low.
    Given a chance to open their mind , given a chance to see and an insight into Russian daily life, they reject it , and yet comment on it .
    I blame the universitys among other things.

    Al Jazeera is another great news channel , shame it doesnt get the credit it deserves. I dis-agree with alot of their content and their position on some middle-east issues, but I still watch it regularly. Damn they have made some of the finest documentaries Ive ever seen on TV.

    You see , go outside your little circle jerk normal environment, open your mind to some new ideas and voices. Its refreshing.

    There is a funny moment in the 3 hour live call in with Putin. All the IT systems crash , theres a DDOS attack and they have to reboot everything.

    **** higher learning I get my facts from Russian state propaganda


  • Registered Users Posts: 30,300 ✭✭✭✭ Gatling


    Overheal wrote: »
    **** higher learning I get my facts from Russian state propaganda

    Very similar to Chinese and north Korean state propaganda


  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 RIGOLO


    Gatling wrote: »
    Very similar to Chinese and north Korean state propaganda

    The reaction has been so predictable.. all the usual lines trotted out.

    And still the detractors havent even watched the videos.

    Typical of wannabe elites.. dismissive of poor ordinary russian citizens asking their President 'hard uncofrotable' questions, all just so they can sound off


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭ mcmoustache


    Gatling wrote: »
    Very similar to Chinese and north Korean state propaganda

    Speaking of, have you checked out Kim Jong Un? He makes Putin look like a big girl's blouse. Don't believe what the lame-stream media has been telling you. For the "truth" about what's going on, you should take a look at this "honest" tv station.
    tenor.gif?itemid=17869490


  • Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭ Overheal


    RIGOLO wrote: »
    The reaction has been so predictable.. all the usual lines trotted out.

    And still the detractors havent even watched the videos.

    Typical of wannabe elites.. dismissive of poor ordinary russian citizens asking their President 'hard uncofrotable' questions, all just so they can sound off

    At the first signs of dissenting views you’ve given up on your appeal from your OP and are now just telling the skeptics you were hoping to have a dialog with to all **** off as wannabe elitists.

    Imagine if Jesus Christ had just walked into town and said “well if you don’t believe me right off and watch these 3 hours of YouTube footage of me turning water into wine then **** all you elitist pieces of sh*t I’m going home.”

    Would have saved us all 2 millennia of time.


  • Registered Users Posts: 30,300 ✭✭✭✭ Gatling


    Speaking of, have you checked out Kim Jong Un? He makes Putin look like a big girl's blouse. Don't believe what the lame-stream media has been telling you. For the "truth" about what's going on, you should take a look at this "honest" tv station.
    tenor.gif?itemid=17869490

    That time they announced that north Korea had won the FIFA world cup 27-0 ........ And the team would be coming home to a glorious parade


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,664 ✭✭✭✭ Timberrrrrrrr


    Gatling wrote: »
    That time they announced that north Korea had won the FIFA world cup 27-0 ........ And the team would be coming home to a glorious parade

    And a Golf score that would easily win every P.G.A tour :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 30,300 ✭✭✭✭ Gatling


    RIGOLO wrote: »
    The reaction has been so predictable.. all the usual lines trotted out.

    And still the detractors havent even watched the videos.

    Typical of wannabe elites.. dismissive of poor ordinary russian citizens asking their President 'hard uncofrotable' questions, all just so they can sound off

    I've dealt with more putinbots on here than most I've watched all their RT and Sputnik and several other Kremlin propaganda channels nothing changes , russia good America bad , have you ever seen RT criticising putin or anyone in government ,did they report that they russia shotdown flight MH17 over Ukraine killing on board ,and on and on and on , actually on Ukraine they regularly reported on finding mass graves all over donbass ,they regularly posted images of young babies that had just been killed in shelling in donbass as in shelling stared at 1 pm and at 1:02 (russian forces were doing the shelling) pm photographs of children killed in the shelling already and where they lived ,all proven fake ...
    So yeah keep popping the Russian pills


  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 RIGOLO


    Overheal wrote: »
    At the first signs of dissenting views you’ve given up on your appeal from your OP and are now just telling the skeptics you were hoping to have a dialog with to all **** off as wannabe elitists.

    Imagine if Jesus Christ had just walked into town and said “well if you don’t believe me right off and watch these 3 hours of YouTube footage of me turning water into wine then **** all you elitist pieces of sh*t I’m going home.”

    Would have saved us all 2 millennia of time.

    still commenting on videos you havent watched...... true derangmeent syndrome

    the ultimate in elitist condescending attitude.

    too profound in their own mind to watch some videos about Russian daily life, all becasue it offends their sensitivity about what TV they demand the rest of us should watch.

    Next they will be telling us what books to read .. oh hang thats already started.

    You gotta love the part in this video where Megyn Kelly is questioning Putin where she asks him about intelligience reports on Russia. She sets herself up as asking a really cutting question about a report..
    He looks her in the eye and asks "have you read the report "
    ...crickets... course she hasnt she is a typical western journo, too lazy to do the research , but think they are clever.

    This one is 2 and half hour long. Megyn Kelly went to St Petersburg to moderate a economic summit.



    It was very interesting....great to hear another perspective on the stories making our headlines

    now cue all the comments from all the people who havent watched it....

    Do I agree with everything Putin does or say.. course not .. but the least people should do is listen and maybe learn something.

    He had a great idea for solving the housing problem, during that 3 hour phone in. If you were selling your house and had lived in it for less than 5 years then you would be exempt from income tax for 1 year, they idea being in a rising market if your trying to chase the gains you should not be punished. A very interesting idea.

    Now , time to go visit my local Russian restauraunt. I imagine some of you are shocked and would be afraid to eat Russian food in case you were brain washed...


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭ crooked cockney villain


    I wonder how popular he really is. He does seem to have steadied the ship.

    Like, in the countries our media regularly covers, does anybody actually love the leadership or is it a case of best of a bad bunch?


Advertisement