Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hbomax Caribbean and Latin America

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

Still working fine on Getflix through their Smartdns. I picked up a lifetime sub on Black Friday four years ago, still going strong. Bargain of the decade.

Content on Hbomax is excellent, the Wire, Sopranos and blockbusters streaming in 4k at the same time as cinema release.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

For the last few weeks I've had no problem with Nord through the firestick but it wouldn't work for a good bit admittedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,170 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This is up there now, it looks like you need to go through the US VPN rather than whatever country you signed up under in order for it to be visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Only the US has same day release. All others are a month later.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

My Revolut card was just frozen when HBO tried to take this months sub, even though there wasn’t any trouble in previous months

Will HBO try take the money again or do I have to log in and put the card through again? I’d rather not mess around with it if they’ll take the money again in the next 24 hours automatically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

They try again after 24 hours. I had left my curve card pointing at the wrong bank card so missed a payment. I was still able to watch and I changed it back to revolut and payment went through the next day.

Might depend on why your revolut was frozen I suppose. If there was money in it you might be better off to switch cards and see if another one goes through. The exchange rate saving is relatively small.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll leave it be for the time being and see do they try again tonight.

There was money on the Revolut, think they just froze it as a security measure. It had gone through since I signed up in July though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Nord plus Costa Rica is working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

I've been setup with this for a few months now with Revolut and all has been fine. But I got an email asking to update my payment methods last week. It accepts Revolut or Curve, but then a day later I get another email asking to update again. Has this happened anyone else? Any solutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Not sure exactly what you mean... But I turn on Costa Rica and then I can log in to my HBO max app on Google TV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

I wasn't able to get logged into HBO max on my Firestick using Nord for ages but Costa Rica seems to do the job. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭druss

I'm getting the same. Went in and updated payment method. But it has been rinse and repeat since. It still hasn't taken anthing for this month.

I had been using different Revolut cards, tried Curve as well and got the same thing. I then used my KBC debit card. I got a text saying they thought the HBO Max payment was suspicious and froze my card. I called and confirmed it was ok and they unfroze it. Hopefully it will be alright now, but I'll have to wait and see

This didn't work either. Hasit happened anyone else? Any solutions?

Has anyone tried this through Spain or the Nordic countries? Its available now with the same lifetime 50% discount which works out at €4.50-ish a month. I can't get past the payment form, I'm getting an error when trying to add either PayPal/Revolut etc. Anyone else have any luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Best way to pay is using Google pay (revolut) and subbing via the app where you can get an annual sub. Annual sub via Brasil is $30 (€25) or thats what it was the last time I checked. With regards to vpn, surfshark works flawlessly on multiple regions including the US. I'm sure other vpns work also.

Got this to work at last! Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lordsheepface

Sorry I'm struggling with this. So I should setup a Brazil Google Play account to download the HBO Max? Then I should open and signup while connected to Brazil APN and select payment method as Google Pay? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I downloaded APK from an APK site, didn't set up a Brazilian Google play account or anything like that. Once downloaded, installed and running, connect to vpn for whatever country you want to sign up from and open app.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

You can use your own Irish google play account. You will need to source the app from an apk site not play store.

This is what worked for me mind it was a few months ago and I don't know if the Brasil sub is still the cheapest around.

Open your vpn to Brasil and create an account using the website

Then open the app and sign in and select your sub and pay with Google. (For me, connected to Brasil vpn didn't work with the app initially so I opened a US vpn and the app still should give you the Brasil prices for the sub)

Also should note that while I use surfshark now to watch HBO, it didn't work for me when subbing, I had to use Tunnelbear which is free

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

Hi everyone,

So sorry for being a bit of a n00b on this but if anyone can help me that would be great.

I have a VPN which works (PrivateVPN) and I want to set myself up with the Spanish -50% offer. I live in France and my French Bank Card, PayPal or Revolut don't work.

I'm on iOS and would like to avoid messing about by changing Apple app stores. I have a Mac that I could also use to sign up.

Can anyone point out where I might be going wrong?

Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

Is brazil cheaper than Argentina or come out same price on play store when paying?

Hey all,

I've been using hbo max since this was posted and it's working a treat. I'm currently using an android phone but I'm considering switching to iPhone. One thing that makes me consider this is whether or not I can download the apps I need like hbo. I use smart dns, so I don't need vpn, but I can log into a vpn to install app if needed.

I've checked on Google, some guides talk about adding a new apple account for the country in question, others talk about just changing your account region and then install the app.

Has anyone here installed hbo max (or iplayer for that matter) on an iPhone or ipad and, if so, is it simple to do?

Cheers!

Yeah it’s possible and simple enough to do. Easiest way I find is to just create a US Apple ID (and a UK one if you want iPlayer, etc). You don’t need to add any payment info to download free apps.

So add us account, switch to that, download app, then switch back to irish account and the app stays installed?

Yeah exactly. And I noticed recently they update along with your other apps. You used to have to switch accounts to get updates but they appear while signed into your Irish account now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Got hbo max working using Nord vpn. Having issues in that I can't cast from phone to Chrome cast. Anyone else having this issue?

Advertisement