Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Ed Bundy...Ted Bundy

• 30-06-2021 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭ Did you smash it

What was going on with the character naming in Married with Children? Calling a character Ed Bundy 5 years after arch sadistic murderer Ted was put on the electric chair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭ Did you smash it

What was going on with the character naming in Married with Children? Calling a character Ed Bundy 5 years after arch sadistic murderer Ted was put on the electric chair.

I see it was Al not Ed, the actors first name is ed so got confused. Bit odd to use Bundy all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,085 ✭✭✭✭ Itssoeasy

The characters name was Al bundy not Ed. The actors name was Ed O Neil so it seems like you’ve conflated the two names there. As to why they used a surname that was linked to a serial killer I’ve no idea but I don’t recall hearing that was why they used the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭ salmocab

Wait until you hear the surnames in Gavin & Stacy

• Registered Users Posts: 37,085 ✭✭✭✭ Itssoeasy

salmocab wrote: »
    Wait until you hear the surnames in Gavin & Stacy

Now they were deliberate which got them so push back from the families of the victims of those serial killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭ Suckit

Peg Bundy's maiden name..

#FG Never Again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ irs

The Bundy's were named after the wrestler King Kong Bundy. The neighbours Steve and Marcy were named after Dusty Rhodes. I think there were a couple of minor characters who had wrestler surnames too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭ Suckit

irs wrote: »
    The Bundy's were named after the wrestler King Kong Bundy. The neighbours Steve and Marcy were named after Dusty Rhodes. I think there were a couple of minor characters who had wrestler surnames too.
    https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/married-with-children-the-main-characters-were-actually-named-after-pro-wrestlers.html/

Peggy's unfortunate maiden name explained here..

https://characters.fandom.com/wiki/Peggy_Bundy

#FG Never Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭ Hangdogroad

Only saw the show a couple of times, that type of Yank sitcom thats not my cuppa but I do remember the characters surname resonating with me and thinking that was weird. I remember the execution of Ted Bundy a few years earlier had been a big news story. Never heard of this wrestler. Its not a particularly common surname tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭ salmocab

Eddie Hitler was in bottom. That’s a name that I’d say is far less fashionable than it used to be.

Advertisement